16 replies to this topic

#1 lhschwar

lhschwar

Power Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1285 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:43 PM

I think I may need to see a dentist out in Portland--something is cracking or chipping on one of my teeth (I can't even tell if it's my tooth or part of a filling, but I know something's not right!). I need to talk to my dentist back in Michigan and find out what's been done already on this tooth, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to go see someone out here.

Any recommendations of good dentists in the area? I live in the Goose Hollow neighborhood, but I have a car and could certainly drive to see someone.

#2 BadAss

BadAss

Badass

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3324 posts
  • Interests:Depends on cash or credit

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (lhschwar @ May 26 2008, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I may need to see a dentist out in Portland--something is cracking or chipping on one of my teeth (I can't even tell if it's my tooth or part of a filling, but I know something's not right!). I need to talk to my dentist back in Michigan and find out what's been done already on this tooth, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to go see someone out here.

Any recommendations of good dentists in the area? I live in the Goose Hollow neighborhood, but I have a car and could certainly drive to see someone.

I like Jack Henry, here in Lake O....
"Break me a f**k'in give."
-Yoda-

#3 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • 10171 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

I've been going to the same dental office since high school (maybe earlier). My original dentist has retired and now I see his son and the other dentist that shares the office. I've been very happy with them. The office is called Bridgeview Dental and it's located right downtown at 511 S.W. 10th in the Portland Medical Center building. I don't really have anyone else to compare them to, but they've been great for me.
"I run best when I run free." - Steve Prefontaine

"I never go out too fast; sometimes I just finish too slowly!" - Joe Dudman

#4 SuperKuper

SuperKuper

Leapin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

Sorry to hear you're having problems, Lisa. I always recommend my dentist, Richard Whipple, but he's in Tigard so that's not very convenient for you. Of course you could always check out the Willamette Dental office right next to the Goose Hollow Inn in a pinch.

Good luck!!
PAC-12in' it, y'all!

#5 Jeff M

Jeff M

President

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2240 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

Lisa, Hi! I've been seing John Duncan since I arrived in Portland 4 years ago and have been pleased with him and his staff!

John Duncan
8565 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy #4
Portland Oregon 97225
503 296 7810

Jeff

If I had some ham I could make ham and eggs if I had some eggs.

#6 lhschwar

lhschwar

Power Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • 1285 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:24 AM

Thanks everyone! I made an appointment at Joe's dentist, since it's a short walk from my apartment (all things equal, I'd prefer not to have to drive). Hopefully this won't be too serious....

#7 BrianH

BrianH

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 8581 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:25 AM

I recently started to see a new dentist. He is a recent member of the Rotary club I belong to
and the dentist of a member. This guy is GREAT! I like him so much more than my old/old dentist.

Tomas Bachhuber
Milwaukie Family Dental
503-654-6529
It is right near the Milwaukie HS track.

He seems to be pretty high tech, very smart, and inexpensive (I think)

Marathon training skulker

#8 Fidel

Fidel

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 4180 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

Brian's post is timely. I have a dentist appt today and I don't want to go. Nothing major going on...I just don't want to go.

#9 BrianH

BrianH

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 8581 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Fidel @ Dec 8 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brian's post is timely. I have a dentist appt today and I don't want to go. Nothing major going on...I just don't want to go.

I just had a BIG hidden and luckly not painful yet, cavity filled, and piece-o-cake!
I've never been so relaxed and it was not becuase of any drugs given to me, he's just good!

#10 Steve

Steve

Qatar Flange

• Red Lizards
  • 2949 posts
  • Interests:Orienteering, Running, Geocaching, all the usual backpacking/camping/hiking/climbing stuff

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (BrianH @ Dec 8 2009, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently started to see a new dentist. He is a recent member of the Rotary club I belong to
and the dentist of a member. This guy is GREAT! I like him so much more than my old/old dentist.

Tomas Bachhuber
Milwaukie Family Dental
503-654-6529
It is right near the Milwaukie HS track.

He seems to be pretty high tech, very smart, and inexpensive (I think)

That guy sucks! You should go see this person instead:

Leigh Ammon, DMD PC
General and Cosmetic Dentistry
8900 SW Hall Blvd
Portland, OR 97223
503-644-2446

She has been taking care of me for almost one whole month now! What I like best about her is that she gives a running commentary on what she'd doing. I'm the kind of guy who likes to know that stuff.
Life is short and we have not too much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us.
Oh, be swift to love. Make haste to be kind.
- Henri Frederic Amiel

#11 BrianH

BrianH

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 8581 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Steve @ Dec 8 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That guy sucks!

Seriously?!...I and my family have had nothing but a good experience there.

You should go see this person instead:

Leigh Ammon, DMD PC
General and Cosmetic Dentistry
8900 SW Hall Blvd
Portland, OR 97223
503-644-2446

I'm sure Leigh does a good job and I would have been more than happy to try her services
if she was not so far away from our home and work.

What I like best about her is that she gives a running commentary on what she'd doing. I'm the kind of guy who likes to know that stuff.

Bachhuber does the same for me.

#12 Steve

Steve

Qatar Flange

• Red Lizards
  • 2949 posts
  • Interests:Orienteering, Running, Geocaching, all the usual backpacking/camping/hiking/climbing stuff

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (Steve @ Dec 8 2009, 11:58 AM)
That guy sucks!

QUOTE (BrianH @ Dec 8 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously?!...I and my family have had nothing but a good experience there.

Well, I guess I'm just assuming he sucks. Doesn't he have one of those little sucking tubes to collect all of your saliva? That way, if you need a saliva transfusion at a later date, they have a supply of your own stuff to use.

Of course I have no real knowledge of Dr. Bachhuber. I will take your word that he's adequate. I'm just making a sales pitch for Dr. Leigh. I haven't worked a deal yet, but I'm hoping to get one free toothbrush for every ten new patients I refer.
Life is short and we have not too much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us.
Oh, be swift to love. Make haste to be kind.
- Henri Frederic Amiel

#13 BrianH

BrianH

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 8581 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Steve @ Dec 8 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I guess I'm just assuming he sucks. Doesn't he have one of those little sucking tubes to collect all of your saliva? That way, if you need a saliva transfusion at a later date, they have a supply of your own stuff to use.

Of course I have no real knowledge of Dr. Bachhuber. I will take your word that he's adequate. I'm just making a sales pitch for Dr. Leigh. I haven't worked a deal yet, but I'm hoping to get one free toothbrush for every ten new patients I refer.

Actually, his assistant did all the sucking today, though Tom may suck at other times.

#14 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • 10171 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Fidel @ Dec 8 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis

"I run best when I run free." - Steve Prefontaine

"I never go out too fast; sometimes I just finish too slowly!" - Joe Dudman

#15 lhschwar

lhschwar

Power Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • 1285 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

What odd timing that this thread has been revived! After having the same childhood dentist for 35 years, I've finally made an appointment to see a local dentist in East Lansing (and not drive 1.5 hours each way to the guy near where I grew up). I'm actually kind of nervous... my old dentist gives me "laughing gas" (aka nitrous oxide) when he cleans my teeth! I have sensitive gums (that's my excuse), but knowing I'd be getting high each time I went to the dentist made it easier to do....

I'd go to Leigh, too, if she weren't so far away!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users