#1 Peabody

Peabody

Gila Monster

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1791 posts
  • Interests:Strawberries and ice cream

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

I was thinking about using a thigh wrap (compression type) to help with my recovery from a strained hamstring. Does anyone have experience with this or have recommendations? I've seen some youtube videos using ace bandage wrap but I also see that some of the running stores have sleeves you can buy for about $20. I just worry about them slipping down while running.

Any ideas out there in Lizard Land? Thanks!  :smile:

"Perhaps I could be of assistance!"

#2 Dreed

Dreed

Cruise Director

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

I've used both the neoprene wrap kind with velro and the CEP compression sleeves for your thighs. I've only run with the CEP's and I can't say as they've really made a difference either way, but they do stay up just fine on the run.

One thing that I do think helps is to sleep in the neoprene units, pulled fairly tight for recovery/healing. While it may be in my head, I'd swear that I have healed faster using them in this fashion.

I've been on injured reserve for a couple days now due to a messed up adductor that I tried to run through last week. I've been sleeping in one of the neoprene units for this too, but I don't think it has the same positive impact so far.

#3 Fidel

Fidel

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Is your strain upper, mid or lower? Either way, both types could work. If you use an ACE bandage, you may need to tape it for it to stay up. During my baseball days, I used an Ace bandage but I had to uses pre-wrap, bandage, then tape to keep it on. My trainers usually put it on. Later on, I used a neoprene sleeve and it stayed in place without it slipping.

#4 jasjasper

jasjasper

Newt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:50 PM

I was thinking about using a thigh sleeve (compression type) to help with my recovery from a strained hamstring. Does anyone have experience with this or have recommendations? I've seen some youtube videos using ace bandage wrap but I also see that some of the running stores have sleeves you can buy for about $20. I just worry about them slipping down while running.

Any ideas out there in Lizard Land? Thanks!  :smile:

I used something like this to support my thigh and compress it during the hamstring recovery with the doctor's recommendation. They cause me less inconvenience than I thought, light weight and comfortable wearing. It is recommended that you decide whether you should use them and determine the degree of compression after consulting your doctor. I don't have much experience with specific brands, but I personally like Copper a little more than Vive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users