• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Torrey

Torrey

Communications Director

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10766 posts
  • Interests:I always love flyfishing. Occasionally I like running...

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Hey Lizards - our very own race is rapidly aproaching. Only about a month until the Red Lizard Five Miler! And we need some help making this event happen.

Option 1: Race it. TRL members get a $5 discount on their registration, so if you feel like running, it's only $15 - see http://www.redlizard...showtopic=17273 for details. Tech shirts are available if you pre-order by Feb 10.

Option 2: Volunteer. We have lot of needs for folks to help out before, during and after the event. Below is a list of things we need people to help out with (numbers in parenthesis are how many people we need for each task). Post in this thread or email torrey@redlizardrunning.com, and I'll add your name to the task.

Option 3: Both! There are enough things taking place the day before the race, plus before and after the gun goes off that you really could volunteer and run the race.

SATURDAY (March 2) VOLUNTEER TASKS:

1) Registration/Packet Pickup Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Saturday 10AM-1PM. (2)  Tim, BrianD

2) Registration/Packet Pickup Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Saturday 1PM-4PM. (2) Markiemo,

SUNDAY (March 3) PRE-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

3) Food/drink set-up Set up tents and tables. Put food (bread, fruit) on tables. Set up hot chocolate and/or coffee, cups, spoons, stirrers, napkins. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (2)  Jacob, Maryalicia, Terri O

4) Registration/Packet Pick Up Hand out packets to pre-registered participants. Register/collect payment for day-of-racers and add their names to timing computer. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (4)  Angela Z, Betsy, Kate, Markiemo. Dan, Melissa, Tiffany

5) Start/Finish line set-up Assist in setting up any signs, decorations or markings at the Start line. Set up chutes, signs, clock, timing equipment and PA system at Finish line. 7AM-9AM. (2)  Dave W, Raghav. Jill, Angela

DURING THE RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

6) Race Photographer. (1) Maryalicia (finish line/area), Angela (on course)

7) Announcer Countdown to start of race. Thank sponsors. Make any necessary announcements. Announce finishers. Start/Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (1) Sarah

8) Kids Kilometer Race Leader Lead the Kids Kilometer race so the kids can follow you and (hopefully!) stay on course! 8AM-9AM.(1) Joe D

8a) Five Miler Lead Cyclist  Lead the race on bicycle, directing the leader(s) the correct way. Try to stay ahead of German Fernandez. (1) Christophe

9) Course marshals Stand at intersections/corners on the kids course and the 5 Miler course to keep runners/walkers on course. Clean up course after race. Pick up any traffic cones, signs and/or litter on the course. 815AM-11AM. Report to Torrey at 815AM at the registration tent in front of Foot Traffic store. (12)  Joe D, Bhavana, Megan L, Julie (Megan's sister), Rich Kurz, Eric C, Laura C, Lou K, Erik S, Bob M, Betty W, Amy E

10) Course Aide station set-up/operation/break down We'll be operating an aid station (serving water and Gleukos) at about the half-way point in the race (at Cedar Oaks school). Transport/set up tables, cups, water/liquids to the site. Keep full cups available for the participants as they come by. After the race, pick up discarded cups, stow unused water/liquids and cups. Pack up tables. 8AM-11AM. (3)  Elle, Kristin,

11) Finish chute/Timing Collect bib tear-off tags from participants as they finish. Register finishers in timing computer. Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (2)   Jeff H, Heather

12) Food/drink operation Keep tables clean and stocked with bagels, fruit, coffee, hot chocolate, napkins, cups, etc. as participants finish and "graze". Finish line. 930AM-1130AM. (2) Jacob, Betsy, Joanna

POST-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

13) Start/Finish line break down Dismantle, clean-up, stow all equipment, chutes, signs, PA equipment. Start/Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3) Taryn, Jill

14) Food/drink break down Clean up after. Stow tables and unused food/drink. Pick up litter. Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3) Jacob, Joanna, JennyT

#2 Tim

Tim

Komodo Dragon

• Red Lizards
  • 8075 posts
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Please put me down for volunteer task #1.

Registration/Packet Pickup Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Saturday 10AM-1PM. (2)

Thanks!

THE OLDER I GET, THE BETTER I WAS.

PROUD TO BE A PAFAR!

#3 Angela Z

Angela Z

Mom of 3

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'm not running but can help with Registration/Packet pickup on Sunday morning.  If it works, I can be course marshal too.  Thanks!

#4 Doug

Doug

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Members
  • 7221 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

after taking a break last year i'm looking to race this year again...although most likely not at pr level since I've spent part of january sick...

#5 Elle

Elle

Director of Apparel

• Board Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

My friend Kristin and I will take 2 of the spots at the aid station.  Thanks Torrey

#6 Peabody

Peabody

Gila Monster

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1791 posts
  • Interests:Strawberries and ice cream

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Put me down for start / finish line set up.

Dave W
"Perhaps I could be of assistance!"

#7 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • 10381 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

I can be the Kids Kilometer leader again, and a course marshal.

"I run best when I run free." - Steve Prefontaine

"I never go out too fast; sometimes I just finish too slowly!" - Joe Dudman

#8 Evinka

Evinka

Newt

• Red Lizards
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'm going to run the race but I'll be there to help after the race with whatever needs to be done :)

#9 Peabody

Peabody

Gila Monster

• Red Lizards
  • 1791 posts
  • Interests:Strawberries and ice cream

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Don't forget to order your sweatshirt. If we place the order in time we might have them at the five miler.

http://www.redlizard...showtopic=17241

"Perhaps I could be of assistance!"

#10 bhavred

bhavred

Leapin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

I can do 9 or 10. I will be there all day and help out.

#11 megliu

megliu

Newt

• Red Lizards
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

I can course marshal! 

#12 Maryalicia

Maryalicia

Gecko

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Running, wine, traveling (mixing all three is awesome!), reading, dancing and spending time with hubby and daughter.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

I can volunteer on an aid station or early morning set-up. Whichever you need. 

I also can take photos, but I do not have a professional camera, however, my cannon did a great job at the Clark County

Maryalicia

First Marathon- The Vancouver USA Marathon in June 2012

27 Half Marathons

Red Lizard Penguin Pacer

#13 Kate

Kate

Board Member At Large

• Board Members
  • 1771 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

This is the weekend Sam and I are set to move = mega timing fail. At any rate, put me down for Sunday morning.. all day, wherever you need me.. I may be able to help out with registration at the store again, but I'll keep you updated. 

#14 jbuckmaster

jbuckmaster

XC Series Director

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Count me in for all day on Sunday. I can do whatever you need me to.

Sometimes you must give up a good living to live good - Unknown

#15 Lou99

Lou99

Reptile Runner

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Put me down for wherever you need me. Planning to sneak on over to Tryon Creek for some miles afterwards if anyone is interested.

Lou

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: race, Five Miler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users