Hey Lizards - our very own race is rapidly aproaching. Only about a month until the Red Lizard Five Miler! And we need some help making this event happen.
Option 1: Race it. TRL members get a $5 discount on their registration, so if you feel like running, it's only $15 - see http://www.redlizard...showtopic=17273 for details. Tech shirts are available if you pre-order by Feb 10.
Option 2: Volunteer. We have lot of needs for folks to help out before, during and after the event. Below is a list of things we need people to help out with (numbers in parenthesis are how many people we need for each task). Post in this thread or email email@example.com, and I'll add your name to the task.
Option 3: Both! There are enough things taking place the day before the race, plus before and after the gun goes off that you really could volunteer and run the race.
SATURDAY (March 2) VOLUNTEER TASKS:
1) Registration/Packet Pickup Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Saturday 10AM-1PM. (2) Tim, BrianD
2) Registration/Packet Pickup Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Saturday 1PM-4PM. (2) Markiemo,
SUNDAY (March 3) PRE-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:
3) Food/drink set-up Set up tents and tables. Put food (bread, fruit) on tables. Set up hot chocolate and/or coffee, cups, spoons, stirrers, napkins. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (2) Jacob, Maryalicia, Terri O
4) Registration/Packet Pick Up Hand out packets to pre-registered participants. Register/collect payment for day-of-racers and add their names to timing computer. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (4) Angela Z, Betsy, Kate, Markiemo. Dan, Melissa, Tiffany
5) Start/Finish line set-up Assist in setting up any signs, decorations or markings at the Start line. Set up chutes, signs, clock, timing equipment and PA system at Finish line. 7AM-9AM. (2) Dave W, Raghav. Jill, Angela
DURING THE RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:
6) Race Photographer. (1) Maryalicia (finish line/area), Angela (on course)
7) Announcer Countdown to start of race. Thank sponsors. Make any necessary announcements. Announce finishers. Start/Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (1) Sarah
8) Kids Kilometer Race Leader Lead the Kids Kilometer race so the kids can follow you and (hopefully!) stay on course! 8AM-9AM.(1) Joe D
8a) Five Miler Lead Cyclist Lead the race on bicycle, directing the leader(s) the correct way. Try to stay ahead of German Fernandez. (1) Christophe
9) Course marshals Stand at intersections/corners on the kids course and the 5 Miler course to keep runners/walkers on course. Clean up course after race. Pick up any traffic cones, signs and/or litter on the course. 815AM-11AM. Report to Torrey at 815AM at the registration tent in front of Foot Traffic store. (12) Joe D, Bhavana, Megan L, Julie (Megan's sister), Rich Kurz, Eric C, Laura C, Lou K, Erik S, Bob M, Betty W, Amy E
10) Course Aide station set-up/operation/break down We'll be operating an aid station (serving water and Gleukos) at about the half-way point in the race (at Cedar Oaks school). Transport/set up tables, cups, water/liquids to the site. Keep full cups available for the participants as they come by. After the race, pick up discarded cups, stow unused water/liquids and cups. Pack up tables. 8AM-11AM. (3) Elle, Kristin,
11) Finish chute/Timing Collect bib tear-off tags from participants as they finish. Register finishers in timing computer. Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (2) Jeff H, Heather
12) Food/drink operation Keep tables clean and stocked with bagels, fruit, coffee, hot chocolate, napkins, cups, etc. as participants finish and "graze". Finish line. 930AM-1130AM. (2) Jacob, Betsy, Joanna
POST-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:
13) Start/Finish line break down Dismantle, clean-up, stow all equipment, chutes, signs, PA equipment. Start/Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3) Taryn, Jill
14) Food/drink break down Clean up after. Stow tables and unused food/drink. Pick up litter. Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3) Jacob, Joanna, JennyT