24 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff M

Jeff M

Komodo Dragon

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2747 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

Hey Reptiles! The one and only race sponsored by Team Red Lizard will be the Red Lizard 5-Miler on Saturday May 28. We'll need lots of lizard paws on the ground before, during and after the race to make it work.

Kids race starts at 830AM. The 5 Miler starts at 9AM. Both start from the Foot Traffic store in Lake Oswego 333 S. State Street.

Plz check the volunteer task list below and post the task(s) number(s) you would be willing to do. (Note: The number in parentheses after each task is the number of volunteers needed for that task.) I'll keep this first post updated with the latest volunteer signup info.

Questions, let me know. Let's go Lizards!

Jeff
Home 503 227 2544
jeff6974@netzero.com

RED LIZARD 5 MILER VOLUNTEER TASK LIST
Tasks still needing volunteers in red

FRIDAY(MAY 27)VOLUNTEER TASKS:

2a) Registration/Packet Pickup- Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Friday 10AM-1PM. (1) Julie

2b) Registration/Packet Pickup- Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Friday 1PM-4PM. (1) Dan S

SATURDAY (MAY 28) PRE-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

3) Food/drink set-up Set up tents and tables. Put food (bagels, fruit) on tables. Set up hot chocolate and/or coffee, cups, spoons, stirrers, napkins. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (2) Damon, Merill

4) Registration/Packet Pick Up- Hand out packets to pre-registered participants. Register/collect payment for day-of-racers and add their names to timing computer. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (4)Shannon, Lisa, Kristin, Coop

5) Start/Finish line set-up- Assist in setting up any signs, decorations or markings at the Start line. Set up chutes, signs, clock, timing equipment and PA system at Finish line. 7AM-9AM. (2)Gary A, Daniel,

DURING THE RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

6) Race Photographer. (1)Ben

7) Announcer- Countdown to start of race. Thank sponsors. Make any necessary announcements. Start/Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (1) Dave W

8) Kids Kilometer Race Leader- Lead the kids kilometer race so the kids can follow you and (hopefully!) stay on course! 8AM-9AM.(1) Jacob

9) Course marshals- Stand at intersections/corners on the kids course and the 5 Miler course to keep runners/walkers on course. Clean up course after race. Pick up any traffic cones, signs and/or litter on the course. 815AM-11AM. Report to Torrey at 815AM at the registration tent in front of Foot Traffic store. (12) Todd, Stephanie, Debra, Jeff Hoppert, Sarah, Tanja, Grant, Andrew, Daniel C, Torrey, Jenny H, Kelley

10) Course Aide station set-up/operation/break down- We'll be operating an aid station (serving water and Gleukos) at about the half-way point in the race (at Cedar Oaks school). Transport/set up tables, cups, water/liquids to the site. Keep full cups available for the participants as they come by. After the race, pick up discarded cups, stow unused water/liquids and cups. Pack up tables. 8AM-11AM. (3) Gary A, Kristen Waldron, Christian,

11) Finish chute/Timing- Collect bib tear-off tags from participants as they finish. Register finishers in timing computer. Hand out Finisher pins. Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (4)Jeff Huber, Heather, Kate, Damon

12) Food/drink operation- Keep tables clean and stocked with bagels, fruit, coffee, hot chocolate, napkins, cups, etc. as participants finish and "graze". Finish line. 930AM-1130AM. (2)Melanie, Shannon, Lisa,

POST-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

13) Start/Finish line break down- Dismantle, clean-up, stow all equipment, chutes, signs, PA equipment. Start/Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3)Tony, Aaron, Daniel, ,

14) Food/drink break down- Clean up after. Stow tables and unused food/drink. Pick up litter. Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3)Elle D, Shannon, Lisa

If I had some ham I could make ham and eggs if I had some eggs.

#2 Gary

Gary

Runnin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

Jeff, work on Friday so no help there. Saturday I can do whatever, set up food tent or something. Let me know, Jeff, if you need a lift. Gary

#3 Melanie

Melanie

Gecko

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, Running, Walking

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

You can put me down for the "Food/drink operation- Keep tables clean and stocked with bagels, fruit, coffee, hot chocolate, napkins, cups, etc. as participants finish and "graze". Finish line." job

#4 TriathlonTbone

TriathlonTbone

Runnin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Running, cycling, swimming, weights, community service, my faith, traveling, having fun, you name it! "Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all." -Helen Keller

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

Hi Jeff. I can assist with the start/finish line breakdown after running the race. Thanks, Tony

#5 Ben F

Ben F

Reptile Runner

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

You can put me down for race photographer. I won't be running.

#6 TDG

TDG

Komodo Dragon

• Red Lizards
  • 2187 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

I can work one of the Friday shifts.

#7 figuresc8er

figuresc8er

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3990 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

I'd be happy to work packet pick up that morning. I have a friend who is interested in helping with me as well.
We all win together or we all lose together.

#8 markiemo

markiemo

Director of Group Runs

• Board Members
  • 3646 posts
  • Interests:Trail running, biking, hanging with reptiles, camping, traveling,
    beach bumming, enjoying the endless string of Saturdays...

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

I plan to run the race so I probably won't be able to do much on race day but I can help with set up on the day before.

#9 Peabody

Peabody

Gila Monster

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1791 posts
  • Interests:Strawberries and ice cream

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

I'm not running this year so I can help out. It would be fun to be announcer unless our Race Director, Brian, wants that job. If that's the case, stick me in anywhere.

Dave W.
"Perhaps I could be of assistance!"

#10 Julie

Julie

Reptile Runner

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

Friday morning packet pickup please

#11 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • 10383 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

I'm planning to run/hobble the race this year, so I won't be able to lead the Kids Kilometer in 2011, but that was a blast last year and I highly recommend that task to anyone! :thumbsu:
"I run best when I run free." - Steve Prefontaine

"I never go out too fast; sometimes I just finish too slowly!" - Joe Dudman

#12 Elle

Elle

Director of Apparel

• Board Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

Running the race, but I can help out after the race with clean up. Elle D

#13 Peabody

Peabody

Gila Monster

• Red Lizards
  • 1791 posts
  • Interests:Strawberries and ice cream

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

Jeff,

My teen daughter and her boyfriend will help volunteer at the aid station. Her name is Kristen (she helped at Special Olympics last year) and her boyfriend is Christian. Yeah, it's pretty funny around the house with a Kristen & Christian. :wacko:

Dave W.
"Perhaps I could be of assistance!"

#14 Aaron

Aaron

Repressed Sprinter

• Red Lizards
  • 2310 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

Hey Jeff, you can put me down for the cleanup crew.

It's a simple question of weight ratios

#15 Kate

Kate

Board Member At Large

• Board Members
  • 1771 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

Sign me up for the finish line. Thanks for oranizing, Jeff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users