Kids race starts at 830AM. The 5 Miler starts at 9AM. Both start from the Foot Traffic store in Lake Oswego 333 S. State Street.
Plz check the volunteer task list below and post the task(s) number(s) you would be willing to do. (Note: The number in parentheses after each task is the number of volunteers needed for that task.) I'll keep this first post updated with the latest volunteer signup info.
Questions, let me know. Let's go Lizards!
Home 503 227 2544
RED LIZARD 5 MILER VOLUNTEER TASK LIST
Tasks still needing volunteers in red
FRIDAY(MAY 27)VOLUNTEER TASKS:
2a) Registration/Packet Pickup- Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Friday 10AM-1PM. (1) Julie
2b) Registration/Packet Pickup- Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Friday 1PM-4PM. (1) Dan S
SATURDAY (MAY 28) PRE-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:
3) Food/drink set-up Set up tents and tables. Put food (bagels, fruit) on tables. Set up hot chocolate and/or coffee, cups, spoons, stirrers, napkins. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (2) Damon, Merill
4) Registration/Packet Pick Up- Hand out packets to pre-registered participants. Register/collect payment for day-of-racers and add their names to timing computer. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (4)Shannon, Lisa, Kristin, Coop
5) Start/Finish line set-up- Assist in setting up any signs, decorations or markings at the Start line. Set up chutes, signs, clock, timing equipment and PA system at Finish line. 7AM-9AM. (2)Gary A, Daniel,
DURING THE RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:
6) Race Photographer. (1)Ben
7) Announcer- Countdown to start of race. Thank sponsors. Make any necessary announcements. Start/Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (1) Dave W
8) Kids Kilometer Race Leader- Lead the kids kilometer race so the kids can follow you and (hopefully!) stay on course! 8AM-9AM.(1) Jacob
9) Course marshals- Stand at intersections/corners on the kids course and the 5 Miler course to keep runners/walkers on course. Clean up course after race. Pick up any traffic cones, signs and/or litter on the course. 815AM-11AM. Report to Torrey at 815AM at the registration tent in front of Foot Traffic store. (12) Todd, Stephanie, Debra, Jeff Hoppert, Sarah, Tanja, Grant, Andrew, Daniel C, Torrey, Jenny H, Kelley
10) Course Aide station set-up/operation/break down- We'll be operating an aid station (serving water and Gleukos) at about the half-way point in the race (at Cedar Oaks school). Transport/set up tables, cups, water/liquids to the site. Keep full cups available for the participants as they come by. After the race, pick up discarded cups, stow unused water/liquids and cups. Pack up tables. 8AM-11AM. (3) Gary A, Kristen Waldron, Christian,
11) Finish chute/Timing- Collect bib tear-off tags from participants as they finish. Register finishers in timing computer. Hand out Finisher pins. Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (4)Jeff Huber, Heather, Kate, Damon
12) Food/drink operation- Keep tables clean and stocked with bagels, fruit, coffee, hot chocolate, napkins, cups, etc. as participants finish and "graze". Finish line. 930AM-1130AM. (2)Melanie, Shannon, Lisa,
POST-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:
13) Start/Finish line break down- Dismantle, clean-up, stow all equipment, chutes, signs, PA equipment. Start/Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3)Tony, Aaron, Daniel, ,
14) Food/drink break down- Clean up after. Stow tables and unused food/drink. Pick up litter. Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3)Elle D, Shannon, Lisa