• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber

Komodo Dragon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts
  • Interests:Running, timing people who are running, skiing.

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:52 PM

Q is: The Rose garden, is it in bloom yet?

I took some friends from out of town there a few months ago and after enthusiastically telling them how impressive the garden was, we arrived to a field of twigs . . .

#2 Jeff M

Jeff M

Komodo Dragon

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2747 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:59 PM

Jeff, Hi! Ran the Goose last night. I assure you that there are LOTS of blooming roses in the Rose Garden!

Jeff

If I had some ham I could make ham and eggs if I had some eggs.

#3 NextLizard_Tiger Paul_*

NextLizard_Tiger Paul_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:30 PM

Hey Jeff... you know the Rose Festival is in June for a reason and it's not because it always rains! tongue.gif grin.png laugh.gif

#4 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10383 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Jeff Huber @ Jun 16 2006, 01:52 PM)
Q is: The Rose garden, is it in bloom yet?

I took some friends from out of town there a few months ago and after enthusiastically telling them how impressive the garden was, we arrived to a field of twigs . . .

Slightly off topic, but my mom was ticked when Seattle-ite Paul Allen named his new Portland arena back in the mid-90s. Now whenever someone mentions "The Rose Garden", you have to ask "Do you mean the place where the Blazers play, or the place with the bright flowers with the prickly stems?" (I was ticked when he traded Drexler). angry.gif
"I run best when I run free." - Steve Prefontaine

"I never go out too fast; sometimes I just finish too slowly!" - Joe Dudman

#5 kelbelle

kelbelle

http://blog.oregonlive.com/runoregon

• Red Lizards
  • 4802 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:28 PM

OMG the rose garden is beautiful right now! The colors are so bright, it smells wonderful...now if only the sun would visit...
Dear runners: come to a group run, say hi to us at a race, or just post on the message board!

Check out our group run, race calendars, and news on local running on the <a href="http://blog.oregonli....com/runoregon" target="_blank">RunOregon Blog</a> by me, Joe Dudman, Jim Mattern, Marianne Jones, Marya Van Metre, Jen Sotolongo, and Jonathan Marcus.

<a href="http://www.facebook.....com/runoregon" target="_blank">Check out RunOregon on facebook.</a>

#6 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • 10383 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (kelbelle @ Jun 16 2006, 03:28 PM)
OMG the rose garden is beautiful right now! The colors are so bright, it smells wonderful...now if only the sun would visit...

Smells like stale beer and popcorn . . . oh, you meant the original Rose Garden wink.gif
"I run best when I run free." - Steve Prefontaine

"I never go out too fast; sometimes I just finish too slowly!" - Joe Dudman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users