#16 Daniel

Daniel

Reptile Runner

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

Jeff:

I am planning on running the race but can volunteer for any activity before and after the race on race day Saturday. Let me know.

Dan

#17 figuresc8er

figuresc8er

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3990 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

After packet pickup, my friend and I will come to the finish line and help with the food or wherever else we might be needed.
We all win together or we all lose together.

#18 steph s.

steph s.

Salamander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

Hey Reptiles! The one and only race sponsored by Team Red Lizard will be the Red Lizard 5-Miler on Saturday May 28. We'll need lots of lizard paws on the ground before, during and after the race to make it work.

Kids race starts at 830AM. The 5 Miler starts at 9AM. Both start from the Foot Traffic store in Lake Oswego 333 S. State Street.

Plz check the volunteer task list below and post the task(s) number(s) you would be willing to do. (Note: The number in parentheses after each task is the number of volunteers needed for that task.) I'll keep this first post updated with the latest volunteer signup info.

Questions, let me know. Let's go Lizards!

Jeff
Home 503 227 2544
jeff6974@netzero.com

RED LIZARD 5 MILER VOLUNTEER TASK LIST

FRIDAY(MAY 27)VOLUNTEER TASKS:

2a) Registration/Packet Pickup- Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Friday 10AM-1PM. (1) Julie
2b) Registration/Packet Pickup- Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Friday 1PM-4PM. (1) Dan S

SATURDAY (MAY 28) PRE-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

3) Food/drink set-up Set up tents and tables. Put food (bagels, fruit) on tables. Set up hot chocolate and/or coffee, cups, spoons, stirrers, napkins. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (3)

4) Registration/Packet Pick Up- Hand out packets to pre-registered participants. Register/collect payment for day-of-racers and add their names to timing computer. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (5)Shannon, Lisa, Kristin, Coop

5) Start/Finish line set-up- Assist in setting up any signs, decorations or markings at the Start line. Set up chutes, signs, clock, timing equipment and PA system at Finish line. 7AM-9AM. (2)Gary A, Daniel,

DURING THE RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

6) Race Photographer. (1)Ben

7) Announcer- Countdown to start of race. Thank sponsors. Make any necessary announcements. Start/Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (1) Dave W

8) Kids Kilometer Race Leader- Lead the kids kilometer race so the kids can follow you and (hopefully!) stay on course! 8AM-9AM.(1) Jacob

9) Course marshals- Stand at intersections/corners on the kids course and the 5 Miler course to keep runners/walkers on course. Clean up course after race. Pick up any traffic cones, signs and/or litter on the course. 8AM-11AM. (12)Douginator,

10) Course Aide station set-up/operation/break down- We'll be operating an aid station (serving water and Gleukos) at about the half-way point in the race (at Cedar Oaks school). Transport/set up tables, cups, water/liquids to the site. Keep full cups available for the participants as they come by. After the race, pick up discarded cups, stow unused water/liquids and cups. Pack up tables. 8AM-11AM. (3) Kristen Waldron, Christian,

11) Finish chute/Timing- Collect bib tear-off tags from participants as they finish. Register finishers in timing computer. Hand out Finisher pins. Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (5)Jeff H, Heather, Kate,

12) Food/drink operation- Keep tables clean and stocked with bagels, fruit, coffee, hot chocolate, napkins, cups, etc. as participants finish and "graze". Finish line. 930AM-1130AM. (2)Melanie, Shannon, Lisa,

POST-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

13) Start/Finish line break down- Dismantle, clean-up, stow all equipment, chutes, signs, PA equipment. Start/Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3)Tony, Aaron, Daniel, ,

14) Food/drink break down- Clean up after. Stow tables and unused food/drink. Pick up litter. Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3)Elle D, Shannon, Lisa

#19 steph s.

steph s.

Salamander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

Hi, Jeff,

I'd like to volunteer for the finish/timing chip crew from 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.

Thanks!

Steph S.

#20 Damon

Damon

Newt

• Red Lizards
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

I'll be down for 3 & 11.

#21 toddj

toddj

Newt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hey Jeff, put me down for the finish line or course marshall.

#22 JHops

JHops

Salamander

• Red Lizards
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

Hey Jeff,

I can help course marshall. My wife may be able to help, but it depends on her pre-finals week schedule.

Jeff

#23 allezvita

allezvita

motivationally challenged

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6677 posts
  • Interests:running, dogs, travel, good beer, good wine, good food

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

Hey Jeff, you can put me down for the cleanup crew.

code for "I'll take home the leftovers"

The kiddo and I can course marshall
"unless you're doing chest compressions, you always have time to go to the bathroom"

"bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi, fidem servavi"
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept my word

Plan your dive, dive your plan

when life gives you lemons, add booze

#24 Bunny Toes

Bunny Toes

Super Awesome

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

Hey Reptiles! The one and only race sponsored by Team Red Lizard will be the Red Lizard 5-Miler on Saturday May 28. We'll need lots of lizard paws on the ground before, during and after the race to make it work.

Kids race starts at 830AM. The 5 Miler starts at 9AM. Both start from the Foot Traffic store in Lake Oswego 333 S. State Street.

Plz check the volunteer task list below and post the task(s) number(s) you would be willing to do. (Note: The number in parentheses after each task is the number of volunteers needed for that task.) I'll keep this first post updated with the latest volunteer signup info.

Questions, let me know. Let's go Lizards!

Jeff
Home 503 227 2544
jeff6974@netzero.com

RED LIZARD 5 MILER VOLUNTEER TASK LIST
Tasks still needing volunteers in red

FRIDAY(MAY 27)VOLUNTEER TASKS:

2a) Registration/Packet Pickup- Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Friday 10AM-1PM. (1) Julie

2b) Registration/Packet Pickup- Assemble and distribute race packets to participants and register new participants. LO FT store Friday 1PM-4PM. (1) Dan S

SATURDAY (MAY 28) PRE-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

3) Food/drink set-up Set up tents and tables. Put food (bagels, fruit) on tables. Set up hot chocolate and/or coffee, cups, spoons, stirrers, napkins. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (2) Damon, Merill

4) Registration/Packet Pick Up- Hand out packets to pre-registered participants. Register/collect payment for day-of-racers and add their names to timing computer. LO FT store. 730AM-9AM. (4)Shannon, Lisa, Kristin, Coop

5) Start/Finish line set-up- Assist in setting up any signs, decorations or markings at the Start line. Set up chutes, signs, clock, timing equipment and PA system at Finish line. 7AM-9AM. (2)Gary A, Daniel,

DURING THE RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

6) Race Photographer. (1)Ben

7) Announcer- Countdown to start of race. Thank sponsors. Make any necessary announcements. Start/Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (1) Dave W

8) Kids Kilometer Race Leader- Lead the kids kilometer race so the kids can follow you and (hopefully!) stay on course! 8AM-9AM.(1) Jacob

9) Course marshals- Stand at intersections/corners on the kids course and the 5 Miler course to keep runners/walkers on course. Clean up course after race. Pick up any traffic cones, signs and/or litter on the course. 8AM-11AM. (12)[Douginator, Todd, Stephanie, Debra, Jeff H, Sarah,

10) Course Aide station set-up/operation/break down- We'll be operating an aid station (serving water and Gleukos) at about the half-way point in the race (at Cedar Oaks school). Transport/set up tables, cups, water/liquids to the site. Keep full cups available for the participants as they come by. After the race, pick up discarded cups, stow unused water/liquids and cups. Pack up tables. 8AM-11AM. (3) Gary A, Kristen Waldron, Christian,

11) Finish chute/Timing- Collect bib tear-off tags from participants as they finish. Register finishers in timing computer. Hand out Finisher pins. Finish line. 830AM-11AM. (4)Jeff H, Heather, Kate, Damon

12) Food/drink operation- Keep tables clean and stocked with bagels, fruit, coffee, hot chocolate, napkins, cups, etc. as participants finish and "graze". Finish line. 930AM-1130AM. (2)Melanie, Shannon, Lisa,

POST-RACE VOLUNTEER TASKS:

13) Start/Finish line break down- Dismantle, clean-up, stow all equipment, chutes, signs, PA equipment. Start/Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3)Tony, Aaron, Daniel, ,

14) Food/drink break down- Clean up after. Stow tables and unused food/drink. Pick up litter. Finish line. 11AM-1230PM. (3)Elle D, Shannon, Lisa

"It's the difference between simply breathing versus inhaling so deeply your lungs feel about to burst."

Doug Tompkins

#25 Bunny Toes

Bunny Toes

Super Awesome

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

Hi Jeff~

Looks like you need another helper for "Food/Drink Set-up" before the race.

I'm more than happy to help.

Merill
"It's the difference between simply breathing versus inhaling so deeply your lungs feel about to burst."

Doug Tompkins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users