• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 lmtortor

lmtortor

Reptile Runner

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:Running, rock-climbing, biking, camping, playing piano/singing, eating ice cream

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

Sounds great. I will be at the Sunday run. See you there!

#32 The_tober

The_tober

Now with a bicycle!

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2450 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Aaron @ Jan 25 2011, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey I just saw this thread. I can do Friday mornings.

Aaron, excellent.
Let's get you setup with a packet.

Amy, how many do you have?

#33 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3907 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (The_tober @ Jan 26 2011, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aaron, excellent.
Let's get you setup with a packet.

Amy, how many do you have?

I have a lot of packets. I went today and got more and turned everything into Annika. She is the HR person that all volunteers will need to turn their paperwork into. When you do, she will give you the background and drug test paperwork to fill out and then you have 48hrs to get your drug test, then you're done.

I know it sounds like a lot, but really it's not.

Volunteers who sub in one or two times are not required to fill out the application, but after that you will need to.

Xph, I will give you some on Sunday too.

#34 albertpham

albertpham

Iguana

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

I'm in the process of filling out the paperwork. It's not too bad.

Also, if you have been out of the state for more than 60 consecutive days in the last 5 years, you'll have to get some fingerprints as part of the background check.

#35 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

Update: For the women.

Julie and I met with the DePaul crew this last Thursday to finalize up the starting date and time. For the time being we will start with 1 day a week to see how things go, then add another day and or a different time of day depending on the need.

Start Date:
March 2nd (Wed) @ 5:30-6:30pm

It does conflict with Fulton run, but this is one reason why we wanted to get as many volunteers as possible. Hoping to have enough so we could all rotate and have 1 wed a month when everyone has all their paperwork done. This way there is still flexibility. Also when folks just can't make it for one reason or another and it's nice to have people on call.

Monday's will be the other day added, possibly early a.m and or p.m in the future.

For now they have a set route and as time progresses we can add different routes.

All volunteers are welcome to show up as long as you have all your paperwork done. Both Julie and I will be at the first one for introduction and route check.

Wahooo.....Thank you Julie and all the other volunteers willing to take this on.

Please post here or pm for questions. I also have the volunteer paperwork on-line if anyone else is interested.

#36 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

Reminder to the women:

This Wed the 2nd at 5:30pm is the first run for the women at the DePaul center.

Feel free to join me and Julie for this. Please pm or email me for more info. For the first few runs you don't need to have the paperwork completed.

How many women their paperwork and drug test completed? We can use more volunteers please, I can email you the application if needed.

Completed volunteer application:
Amy
Julie

#37 The_tober

The_tober

Now with a bicycle!

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2450 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:15 AM

Reminder to the women:

This Wed the 2nd at 5:30pm is the first run for the women at the DePaul center.

Feel free to join me and Julie for this. Please pm or email me for more info. For the first few runs you don't need to have the paperwork completed.

How many women their paperwork and drug test completed? We can use more volunteers please, I can email you the application if needed.

Completed volunteer application:
Amy
Julie

This is great! Way to go girlz!

#38 lmtortor

lmtortor

Reptile Runner

• Red Lizards
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:Running, rock-climbing, biking, camping, playing piano/singing, eating ice cream

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

I filled mine out last week. I just need to drop it off.

I assume I can do the drug test there when I drop off the papers?

#39 albertpham

albertpham

Iguana

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

I don't think they do drug tests there. They gave me a form to take to a drug test site. I just went over to the one in NE Portland, where they have 24 hr service.

Update: For the women.

Julie and I met with the DePaul crew this last Thursday to finalize up the starting date and time. For the time being we will start with 1 day a week to see how things go, then add another day and or a different time of day depending on the need.

Start Date:
March 2nd (Wed) @ 5:30-6:30pm

It does conflict with Fulton run, but this is one reason why we wanted to get as many volunteers as possible. Hoping to have enough so we could all rotate and have 1 wed a month when everyone has all their paperwork done. This way there is still flexibility. Also when folks just can't make it for one reason or another and it's nice to have people on call.

Monday's will be the other day added, possibly early a.m and or p.m in the future.

For now they have a set route and as time progresses we can add different routes.

All volunteers are welcome to show up as long as you have all your paperwork done. Both Julie and I will be at the first one for introduction and route check.

Wahooo.....Thank you Julie and all the other volunteers willing to take this on.

Please post here or pm for questions. I also have the volunteer paperwork on-line if anyone else is interested.

Good luck and have fun at the run tomorrow!! :thumbsup:

#40 SusanB

SusanB

Power Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Amy, I have everything submitted and had the screeing/meeting with them. I had to get finger prints, so I'm not sure how long that takes to get cleared. Will they tell me when they get the results for the drug test and the finger prints, or do I just assume that if I don't hear from them everything was fine? I can't do tomorrow but could join you guys next Wednesday.

#41 Julie

Julie

Reptile Runner

• Red Lizards
  • 827 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

Amy, I have everything submitted and had the screeing/meeting with them. I had to get finger prints, so I'm not sure how long that takes to get cleared. Will they tell me when they get the results for the drug test and the finger prints, or do I just assume that if I don't hear from them everything was fine? I can't do tomorrow but could join you guys next Wednesday.

They don't get back to you. I think we all knew that you weren't a felon and your are good to go! This should be super fun and rewarding.

#42 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

Yep, what Julie said. See ya next week.

#43 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

Ya Lt, Albert is correct. You have to go to one of the medical clinics that they suggest. You can join us tomorrow and if not, let me know if you need the drug test paperwork. You may have to sign for it, I will find out.

I will cross my fingers that you pass B) :lol: this one is kind of freaky.

#44 Melissa83

Melissa83

Director At Large

• Board Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts
  • Interests:Sub- 3 hours or bust.

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

I have the paperwork but won't be able to make Wednesday evenings, but if the need for a morning run arises I'm in.

#45 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

I have the paperwork but won't be able to make Wednesday evenings, but if the need for a morning run arises I'm in.

Great! After an awesome day today, there looks like there is interest in the mornings, probably sooner than later. So you may want to get everything turned in. Your criminal history and drug test completed so you are ready to go.

Thanks again Melissa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users