#31 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3907 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (Aaron @ Nov 15 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh oh, I hope Badass doesn't have it too.

I don't have anything substantive to say about mono, but Amy I hope you get well quickly! flowers.png

Thanks Aaron.....Me too

#32 John Maroney

John Maroney

Iguana

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Amygirl @ Nov 14 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Loofah,

Yeah, I did read something about that,,,, I will take all your advice... It seems like I am at the tail end of this thing. I took the end of this week off from work, I am going crazy. I am not going to the XC race tomorrow, I don't need to be sprinting. The doc said do what ever I have been doing and when I feel tired or bad, just rest, walk take it easy. Instead I will pace myself with a slower run or a cross workout without exerting myself. Especially that I am starting to train for the Orcas Island run.

I do not want to get worse. I don't have Epstein-Barr, but they said most people carry this virus and it could cause Mono when infected. Not sure about all the specs, but they did test me and I don't have any type of herpes virus. I guess thats a good thing.

You gals have been so great. Thank you all for caring and giving me support and great advice.

glad you are doing better Amy- at least suppossedly you have lifelong antibodies now so little chance of having to go thru this twice;really no treatment other than rest and avoiding direct injury to the spleen. I wish I had such a legitimate excuse for fatigue! Sometimes takes 8-12 weeks to get back to sports/running at 100%. No point in pushing training as you read that will only slow your eventual recovery. Lots of claims that supplements will speed recovery but this is marketing hype for the most part.

#33 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (John Maroney @ Nov 15 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
glad you are doing better Amy- at least suppossedly you have lifelong antibodies now so little chance of having to go thru this twice;really no treatment other than rest and avoiding direct injury to the spleen. I wish I had such a legitimate excuse for fatigue! Sometimes takes 8-12 weeks to get back to sports/running at 100%. No point in pushing training as you read that will only slow your eventual recovery. Lots of claims that supplements will speed recovery but this is marketing hype for the most part.

AAAHHHHHH 8-12 weeks? frantics.gif

Ohh....John, Thank you so much! I just hope these "lifelong" antibodies will keep me healthy, Ha! I will keep counting my blessings. Just so happy it wasn't anything worse, especially with the thought that could come with messed up Lymph nodes. (you know what I am talking about) I have never been sick before. It's not like I am really sick, it's weird? Some days I feel great, some days I feel like I am carrying 100lbs on my back. I guess I will look at it as a good thing now, better than later and closer to the Orcas Island trail run. thumbsup.png

I won't spend any money on other supplements. I already take, Mult V, C, Calc, Gluc and Mag. Don't really think my body would absorb anymore anyway, but I am not to Doc flowers.png

ps. I guess I will reschedule my UFC fight then, if I need to watch out for my spleen wink.png

#34 BadAss

BadAss

Badass

• Red Lizards
  • 3324 posts
  • Interests:Depends on cash or credit

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:30 PM

Rest....rest....rest. It'll go away. I've known many people who have had it. It goes away, but you have to just relax and rest and let it run its course.
"Break me a f**k'in give."
-Yoda-

#35 Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber

Komodo Dragon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts
  • Interests:Running, timing people who are running, skiing.

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Amygirl @ Nov 15 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not like I am really sick, it's weird? Some days I feel great, some days I feel like I am carrying 100lbs on my back.

Uhm that's nothing like the mono I had. When I had mono I had very acute symptoms. I could hardly sit in-front of computer let alone think about going running. My throat was so swollen I could hardly swallow and my liver enezymes became elevated and I had to keep having blood tests. I was miserable. It was the sickest I have ever been. But . . . after 1 or 2 weeks of being really sick, I was virtually fine and didn't have the lingering tirdness which older people get. That was 9 years ago when I was 19.

#36 BadAss

BadAss

Badass

• Red Lizards
  • 3324 posts
  • Interests:Depends on cash or credit

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Aaron @ Nov 15 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh oh, I hope Badass doesn't have it too.

I've been feeling rather "mono" lately... sick.png
"Break me a f**k'in give."
-Yoda-

#37 allezvita

allezvita

motivationally challenged

• Red Lizards
  • 6677 posts
  • Interests:running, dogs, travel, good beer, good wine, good food

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:43 AM

Yes, 8-12 weeks isn't unreasonable to think about. Quit being such a whiner about it and let your body heal itself. This was a lesson I learned this Fall when I thought that getting my wrist splint off meant my injury was healed. My hand therapist had to keep reminding me that I had broken a bone and dislocated 2 others so yeah, stupid, it's going to hurt for a while. It was really frustrating when I couldn't hold a laryngoscope in postition long enough to intubate in the ICU. It's finally about 90% and I injured it in mid August.

Daily variations are expected. Haven't you ever had a cold? You have that first day you feel great and so you do the 100 things you didn't do while you were ill, then the next day you feel like semi poo again. I think it was at least a good 4-6 weeks before I felt good after I had mono.

I don't think much more than a multi-vitamin is neccessary (but that's just me). I take a prenatal vitamin (you never know...). Your body only absorbs X amount of extra nutrients and gets rid of the rest.
"unless you're doing chest compressions, you always have time to go to the bathroom"

"bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi, fidem servavi"
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept my word

Plan your dive, dive your plan

when life gives you lemons, add booze

#38 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Jeff Huber @ Nov 15 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uhm that's nothing like the mono I had. When I had mono I had very acute symptoms. I could hardly sit in-front of computer let alone think about going running. My throat was so swollen I could hardly swallow and my liver enezymes became elevated and I had to keep having blood tests. I was miserable. It was the sickest I have ever been. But . . . after 1 or 2 weeks of being really sick, I was virtually fine and didn't have the lingering tirdness which older people get. That was 9 years ago when I was 19.

No, no don't get me wrong. 2 months ago thats when I got really sick. Out of work for a week, very acute as well. Sounds very similar to what happened to you. The worst sore throat ever, sore neck, headache, fever. They just sent me home saying I didn't have strep and go home get rest. They didn't do any tests.

Thats why I went in again last week, asking to see a different Dr. Because I was still feeling bad and not right. Complaining I am still tired, and just don't feel right. The first Dr. was like, maybe I have depression or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I was not happy. This is when I knew I need more answers and was my own advocate, It was like they weren't listening to me. I know my body and knew I was not depressed. That why I saw a different Dr. last week. and he gave me the Mono test.

Glad I finally got an answer and I am not going crazy or am depressed.

Weeks have gone by and I am better, I just think it's running it's course and hopefully I am at the tale end of this. Some days are bad and some are better, but definitely not even 80% yet.

Thanks for your story and your input, next week I will go in and ask to get some liver function test and maybe have them check my spleen too. Good idea.

#39 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (allezvita @ Nov 16 2008, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, 8-12 weeks isn't unreasonable to think about. Quit being such a whiner about it and let your body heal itself. This was a lesson I learned this Fall when I thought that getting my wrist splint off meant my injury was healed. My hand therapist had to keep reminding me that I had broken a bone and dislocated 2 others so yeah, stupid, it's going to hurt for a while. It was really frustrating when I couldn't hold a laryngoscope in postition long enough to intubate in the ICU. It's finally about 90% and I injured it in mid August.

Daily variations are expected. Haven't you ever had a cold? You have that first day you feel great and so you do the 100 things you didn't do while you were ill, then the next day you feel like semi poo again. I think it was at least a good 4-6 weeks before I felt good after I had mono.

I don't think much more than a multi-vitamin is neccessary (but that's just me). I take a prenatal vitamin (you never know...). Your body only absorbs X amount of extra nutrients and gets rid of the rest.

Ok! You are right! yeah like your wrist, I will hurt for while, I guess it's more about the mental part accepting that I can't do anything about it. I am just used to being the one to take care of others and trying to make my students life a better one. In some ways (like you) and Yep good and bad days. Hmmm? never thought about taking a prenatal Vitamin instead of a Mult V.

yeahhh, 8-12 weeks isn't so bad. A good excuse to be a couch potato flowers.png

Thanks, Hope your wrist will be a 100% again soon.

#40 Mickael269

Mickael269

Newt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:29 PM

cannabinoids or receptor antagonists may influence many cellular and systemic host responses. The anti-inflammatory activity of cannabinoids may compromise host inflammatory responses to acute viral infections, but may be beneficial in persistent infections. I have read many articles about medical cannabis and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article  https://blimburnseed...ghter-cookbook/. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don’t even smoke. Alternatively, they’ve also found new ways to infuse cannabis on food and beverages. If this is true I can’t find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users