• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sonya

Sonya

Iguana

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Running, cycling, hiking, Netflix Marathons, cooking, reading nonfiction and Environmental Conservation.

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

I'm putting together a 10k trail race at the property I manage in McMinnville.

The race is Saturday October 28th. The race is a fundraiser to build bathrooms. We have partnered with another nonprofit to pull off the event. They are a small local group called The Give A Little Foundation.

The race will be capped at 200 (I don't expect to get any where near 200 participants this first year

A cool feature of our race, if you have kids, is that we have an outdoor adventure program for kids 5-12 during the race.

The websit is:
https://ultrasignup.....aspx?did=48299

http://www.yamhillsw...isitmillerwoods

#2 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10358 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

Cool! I've run there, and it's a great area. But can you really squeeze a 10k into those trails? Maybe a 5k would be more appropriate :wink:

(Because 10Ks are tough! But I will still look forward to running this!) :smile:

"I run best when I run free." - Steve Prefontaine

"I never go out too fast; sometimes I just finish too slowly!" - Joe Dudman

#3 Tim

Tim

Vice President

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7888 posts
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

Edited the title to read Race instead of Ease. Although from the sound of it, ease might be, um, easier. ;)

THE OLDER I GET, THE BETTER I WAS.

PROUD TO BE A PAFAR!

#4 Sonya

Sonya

Iguana

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Running, cycling, hiking, Netflix Marathons, cooking, reading nonfiction and Environmental Conservation.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

Cool! I've run there, and it's a great area. But can you really squeeze a 10k into those trails? Maybe a 5k would be more appropriate :wink:

(Because 10Ks are tough! But I will still look forward to running this!) :smile:

Now that you are hooked up with Charissa , you will be better, stronger, more capable. Perhaps able to handle a lousy 10k. Just follow her example!

😀

#5 Angela

Angela

Secretary

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

Sounds fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users