• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10384 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:39 PM

Who's planning to be there?
"I run best when I run free." - Steve Prefontaine

"I never go out too fast; sometimes I just finish too slowly!" - Joe Dudman

#2 Doug

Doug

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Members
  • 7221 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:28 PM

I'll be there rain or shine.

#3 Tim

Tim

Komodo Dragon

• Red Lizards
  • 8121 posts
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

Whatever happened to the centipede idea?

THE OLDER I GET, THE BETTER I WAS.

PROUD TO BE A PAFAR!

#4 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • 10384 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Tim @ May 31 2006, 04:01 PM)
Whatever happened to the centipede idea?

That's what I was getting at. The thread in the members only forum kind of died. I was hoping we could at least get a Lizard "amoeba" together (a big mob running together at an easy pace in Lizard garb). That would be fun and draw some attention to the club.

#5 Running Bear

Running Bear

Runnin' Lizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

Joe, I was hoping to do this run with a few fellow Lizards and thought the costume idea would be a BLAST, but it's looking like I'm not going to be able to make it because of the recent onset of some funky pain that I've got in my achilles tendon and heel....arrgghh...hoping it will heal quickly! Wish I could join the evening fun!
Sounds like there will be a few Lizards struttin' their stuff for the crowd! Right on!
~Erika laugh.gif
~ " Be the change you wish to see in the World. " ~ Gandhi

" A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into an exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more. Nobody is going to win a 5,000 m race after running an easy two miles. Not with me. If I lose, forcing the pace all the way, well, at least I can live with myself." ~ Steve Prefontaine

" It is never too late to be what you might have been." ~George Elliot

" We have a choice to use the gift of our lives to make the World a better place." ~Jane Goodall

#6 Rick Lovett

Rick Lovett

Coach

• Red Lizards
  • 5957 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction, hiking, geophysics, cross-country skiing, toxicology, bicycle touring (especially carrying all my gear with me).

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:25 PM

I might be up for the amoeba. I know Linda D is planning on running it. My darn Achilles isn't back from those stupid shoes before Lake Run, but taped, at a reasonable (read that "slow") pace I can go a long way. So, how quickly to amoebas flow? Starlight Run is on Saturday, right? We ought to recruit for this at FF.

#7 Diep

Diep

Binge Runner

• Members
  • 3730 posts
  • Interests:Once in a while I like to go running.<br /><br />Usually I'm just in it for the beer!

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

Do amoebas have to pay?

#8 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • 10384 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (Running Bear @ May 31 2006, 10:19 PM)
Joe, I was hoping to do this run with a few fellow Lizards and thought the costume idea would be a BLAST, but it's looking like I'm not going to be able to make it because of the recent onset of some funky pain that I've got in my achilles tendon and heel....arrgghh...hoping it will heal quickly! Wish I could join the evening fun!
Sounds like there will be a few Lizards struttin' their stuff for the crowd!  Right on!
      ~Erika  laugh.gif

Sorry to hear about the achilles/heel pain, Erika. sad.gif I hope it clears up soon!

QUOTE (Rick Lovett @ May 31 2006, 10:25 PM)
So, how quickly to amoebas flow? Starlight Run is on Saturday, right? We ought to recruit for this at FF.

I'm thinking we'd run as quickly as the slowest person. Yes, it's on Saturday. I bet we could put together a decent group.

QUOTE (Diep @ May 31 2006, 10:32 PM)
Do amoebas have to pay?

I suppose the skinflints among us could hide in the middle of the amoeba to disguise their lack of a number wink.gif

#9 jhk

jhk

Gecko

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:photography, events, travel

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:22 AM

Is this like a 10 minute slithering, sliding, gliding amoeba movement?
jk_CSA

run whidbey
April 15, 2007

#10 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • 10384 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (jhk @ Jun 1 2006, 08:22 AM)
Is this like a 10 minute slithering, sliding, gliding amoeba movement?

Yeah, something like that. We could probably even absorb some new recruits along the way. But really, whatever people want to do is fine with me. I just think it would be more fun to run it as a group, since it's a fun run and not a race.

#11 Rick Lovett

Rick Lovett

Coach

• Red Lizards
  • 5957 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction, hiking, geophysics, cross-country skiing, toxicology, bicycle touring (especially carrying all my gear with me).

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:58 AM

I agree...and of course, I've got a sore Achilles too. I'd planned on not taxing the Achilles by (a) doing this slowly and (cool.gif doing a long slow run in the a.m. with the PDX training group. Rather amazingly, so long as I don't go faster than 8:30s or so the Achilles is just fine. There are worse ways to be injured than simply to have a speed cap on you... Great excuse for wimpiness, too!

#12 Doug

Doug

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Members
  • 7221 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:55 AM

Starlight Run is a great way to take it easy during a race. I normally don't go all out during this race but instead try and check out who's dressed up and see who's in the crowds on the streets, etc...And I'm sure if we run in a group we can try and hide those who don't pay the race fee. grin.png

#13 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • 10384 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:10 PM

If any Lizards want to run as a group, let's meet at the west end of the track around 7:30.

#14 Doug

Doug

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Members
  • 7221 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Joe D. @ Jun 3 2006, 04:10 PM)
If any Lizards want to run as a group, let's meet at the west end of the track around 7:30.

I'll be there!!!

#15 Doug

Doug

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Members
  • 7221 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:40 PM

Thanks to Joe D. for organizing the group run in the Starlight Run this year. Joe, Rick, John and I started together and then it broke off to Joe, Rick and I. It was a lot of fun. grin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users