9 replies to this topic

#1 Albeaver

Albeaver

Newt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

Where can i go to buy good running shoes, and be fitted properly for them in the Portland area?

Thanks in advance.

#2 KristieA

KristieA

European Race Reporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:49 PM

Why foot traffic of course! grin.png Actually they do a great job of fitting shoes to runner's feet and are very knowledgable. Sure we are sponsored by them but they great all the same. I would highly suggest them regardless.

#3 Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber

Komodo Dragon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts
  • Interests:Running, timing people who are running, skiing.

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:51 PM

FOOT TRAFFIC, of course!!

See their locations here:
http://foottraffic.us/about.php

#4 Doug

Doug

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7221 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:54 PM

I would also say Foot Traffic.

#5 NextLizard_Tiger Paul_*

NextLizard_Tiger Paul_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:23 PM

All the running stores in PDX are great.. but don't forget that TRL members get 15% off at Foot Traffic and 30% off if you buy Mizuno from Foot Traffic. That's a sweet deal. They're a community minded store and all the money stays here in PDX. Eli and Sean are great to work with and very candid... if they think you'll find what you're looking for at another store, they'll tell you so!

#6 Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber

Komodo Dragon

• Admin
  • 2467 posts
  • Interests:Running, timing people who are running, skiing.

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Tiger Paul @ Aug 1 2006, 10:23 PM)
.. but don't forget that TRL members get 15% off at Foot Traffic and 30% off if you buy Mizuno from Foot Traffic.

Good point Paul! Just the discount alone can be worth joining the club. For example, if you were a club member and purchased a $100 pair of Mizunos, you would get a $30 discount. $30 is the same amount as the club membership fee; thus the discount would fully offset the cost of membership. Of course, the true value of membership is actually much greater than the amount of money you will save at Foot Traffic, but this is one way to look at it.

#7 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

Under the Radar Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • 2131 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:45 AM

While there are MANY excellent running stores in Portland, Foot Traffic is one of my favorites and the TRL + Mizumo discounts are hard to match. F.T. is also a home away from home and their staff put up with my routine visits and commiserating.

Note to Hood River (east siders). I came across a really awesome running and hiking supply store on 12th Ave, up the hill. They have an August 16 1/2 price sale and carry some running products not available elsewhere.
First Run 5K
Shamrock 15K

Running is a Lifestyle, Not a Job or an Event.

#8 timknox

timknox

Komodo Dragon

• Members
  • 2237 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

Yes, Foot Traffic is great and the discount is great.

But for full disclosure: Fit Right NW and Portland Running Company are good running stores as well. I have purchased at all three.

#9 Torrey

Torrey

Communications Director

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10792 posts
  • Interests:I always love flyfishing. Occasionally I like running...

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:31 AM

Full disclosure is definitely appropriate, since it may be true for many Lizards - but we don't all run around in Mizunos that we purchased at Foot Traffic wink.gif

Any of the running specialty stores in town (Foot Traffic, FitRight or Portland Running) will actually fit you in the proper shoe - versus the pick the prettiest or least expensive shoe at one of the big box stores. But it's great to hear that members of the club are not only taking advantage of their discounts at FT, but have also found their staff to provide knowledge and good service.

#10 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

Under the Radar Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • 2131 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Torrey @ Aug 2 2006, 12:31 PM)
Full disclosure is definitely appropriate, since it may be true for many Lizards - but we don't all run around in Mizunos that we purchased at Foot Traffic  wink.gif

Any of the running specialty stores in town (Foot Traffic, FitRight or Portland Running) will actually fit you in the proper shoe - versus the pick the prettiest or least expensive shoe at one of the big box stores.  But it's great to hear that members of the club are not only taking advantage of their discounts at FT, but have also found their staff to provide knowledge and good service.
Yes, Portland Running is also one of my favorites, with a great selection.
First Run 5K
Shamrock 15K

Running is a Lifestyle, Not a Job or an Event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users