344 replies to this topic

#331 timknox

timknox

Komodo Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2237 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:51 PM

First-hand answers from the man himself! thumbsup.png What more could you ask for?

Thanks Lee!

#332 Fidel

Fidel

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (timknox @ Oct 10 2007, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First-hand answers from the man himself! thumbsup.png What more could you ask for?

Thanks Lee!

We may want to direct him over to the Crawfish 5k thread... whistle.png

#333 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • 10383 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

Suddenly the silence is deafening from certain quarters. I think Chris and Lee are owed an apology for some pretty strong and unfounded statements made in this thread. That would be the "cool" thing to do thumbsup.png
"I run best when I run free." - Steve Prefontaine

"I never go out too fast; sometimes I just finish too slowly!" - Joe Dudman

#334 ChezJfrey

ChezJfrey

Beer Miling Bum

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1882 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Joe D. @ Oct 11 2007, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Suddenly the silence is deafening from certain quarters.

Because I'd assumed that everyone had heard enough about this by now...I'll be back on Monday and will gladly resume the topic.

#335 ChezJfrey

ChezJfrey

Beer Miling Bum

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1882 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (kelbelle @ Oct 7 2007, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's uncool to beat dead horses and alienate your friends. I also think it's uncool to make assumptions that certain committees don't work very hard or take pains to make sure their work is done correctly, especially when those making the assumptions have never been in such a position. Another uncool thing is when someone uses their limited but hard-won and admirable accomplishments to challenge experts in the same line of work. Also uncool? Not respecting someone else's talents and contributions to a group.

I think it is cool to be a good friend, to have fun, to encourage teammates, and honestly, I think it's cool if someone brings a bottle of wine to someone's house when they're invited over. happy.png

Coolness != Conformity and unquestioning obedience

#336 Tim

Tim

Komodo Dragon

• Red Lizards
  • 8121 posts
  • Interests:Yes

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

Hey, I've got an idea.

How 'bout if we let this thread die once and for all? rolleyes.gif

THE OLDER I GET, THE BETTER I WAS.

PROUD TO BE A PAFAR!

#337 Steve

Steve

Qatar Flange

• Red Lizards
  • 2950 posts
  • Interests:Orienteering, Running, Geocaching, all the usual backpacking/camping/hiking/climbing stuff

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:15 PM

Here's a question: for Shamrock, how many people cut back and forth from bikepath to street when they cut their tangent? I cut onto the bikepath at one section two years ago, and I felt really guilty for doing it. How uncool am I?
Life is short and we have not too much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us.
Oh, be swift to love. Make haste to be kind.
- Henri Frederic Amiel

#338 Diep

Diep

Binge Runner

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Interests:Once in a while I like to go running.<br /><br />Usually I'm just in it for the beer!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

Total loser.

grin.png

Here's a question. If I only cut wind on a certified course how short would it be?

Also, does it make a difference if I am only cutting it back, and not forth?

#339 innocentbystander

innocentbystander

Running is serious business.

• Red Lizards
  • 2982 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Steve @ Feb 17 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a question: for Shamrock, how many people cut back and forth from bikepath to street when they cut their tangent? I cut onto the bikepath at one section two years ago, and I felt really guilty for doing it. How uncool am I?

There are a couple threads that if they were never dug up again, I'd probably be okay with that. This is one of them. I thought ChezJ was posing a legitimate hypothetical question. But I suppose this is dig-up-your-favorite-old-thread-week, so w/e.

#340 Steve

Steve

Qatar Flange

• Red Lizards
  • 2950 posts
  • Interests:Orienteering, Running, Geocaching, all the usual backpacking/camping/hiking/climbing stuff

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Diep @ Feb 17 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Total loser.

grin.png

Here's a question. If I only cut wind on a certified course how short would it be?

Also, does it make a difference if I am only cutting it back, and not forth?

Are you calling me a loser because I cut back AND forth? Or because you're mad I brought this thread back to life instead of Crawfish? At least I didn't take the Capitol Hwy cutoff, like I saw Albert do!
Life is short and we have not too much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us.
- Henri Frederic Amiel

#341 innocentbystander

innocentbystander

• Red Lizards
  • 2982 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Steve @ Feb 17 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you calling me a loser because I cut back AND forth? Or because you're mad I brought this thread back to life instead of Crawfish? At least I didn't take the Capitol Hwy cutoff, like I saw Albert do!

??? LOL

Seriously people, you want to cut some minutes off your Shamrock 15k time? There's a trail off to the left of Terwillger that leads you down to Duniway... guaranteed 15 minute PR. thumbsup.png

#342 Steve

Steve

Qatar Flange

• Red Lizards
  • 2950 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (innocentbystander @ Feb 17 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are a couple threads that if they were never dug up again, I'd probably be okay with that. This is one of them. I thought ChezJ was posing a legitimate hypothetical question. But I suppose this is dig-up-your-favorite-old-thread-week, so w/e.

Actually, I didn't bring this back to life to persecute Presus. I really am wondering if anybody else cuts onto the bikepath on Shamrock. I did it, but I justified it by remaining on the bikepath when it took me on the outside of the curve. This was just a hundred yards or so, I didn't do it where it cuts down through the woods. I did it mostly because I preferred running on the flat bikepath instead of in the gutter of the road. And then once I was there, I thought, gee, maybe this isn't really so cool during a race.
- Henri Frederic Amiel

#343 innocentbystander

innocentbystander

• Red Lizards
  • 2982 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

Nobody's persecuting Presus. Seeing some threads again just makes me queasy.

#344 Diep

Diep

Binge Runner

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Interests:Once in a while I like to go running.<br /><br />Usually I'm just in it for the beer!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Steve @ Feb 17 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, you asked how uncool you were!

Of course I was just kidding. Should've gone with this one maybe: poke.gif

But then the cutting made me think of cutting wind, because I'm just childish like that. cool.gif

#345 Steve

Steve

Qatar Flange

• Red Lizards
  • 2950 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Diep @ Feb 17 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, you asked how uncool you were!

Of course I was just kidding. Should've gone with this one maybe: poke.gif

But then the cutting made me think of cutting wind, because I'm just childish like that. cool.gif

Yeah, I knew you were joking. Just like I figured you knew I was. Even without the pokey smilie.

Speaking of bringing threads back to life, where the heck was that one thread on core workouts???
- Henri Frederic Amiel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users