• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Amandapdx

Amandapdx

Newt

• Red Lizards
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Running (obvious, right?), reading, rarely turn down a good movie, badminton, advocating for a good cause.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Howdy all!

I'm one of your more quiet Red Lizard members, mostly b/c my work schedule is such that it's difficult for me to make it to your activities, however, I do enjoy the FB group very much & the discounts at Foot Traffic are helpful too.

I've planned a charity running/walking event for March 9th to benefit Run for Congo Women, and am looking for volunteers to serve as guides along the route.  The event is a group walk or run, and so the event is not timed, but we will need to have some volunteers out on the route to guide participants along the route.

The event will begin at the downtown Foot Traffic store,and the participants will walk/run around the Waterfont.  The 10K route will be one loop around the waterfront (Steel Bridge to Hawthorne Bridge) & then back along the Waterfront toward the Steel Bridge, BUT here the participants will veer left & run the loop along the river toward the Broadway Bridge by the condos & then loop back along Naito & back to Naito & Yamhill.  The 5K route will be one loop around the Waterfront (Steel Bridge to Hawthorne Bridge).  The 10K route especially needs route volunteers as there are several places participants could get turned around. 

If you'd like to volunteer you'll get a Run for Congo Women t-shirt & will be able to attend the after-event reception at Swanson, Thomas, Coon & Newton (SW 2nd & Yamhil), and partake in conversation & enjoy the yummy treats donated by Great Harvest bakery & Starbucks.

You can read more about the event on our online registration page: https://www.racesonl...l&race_id=14369 OR on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RFCW.PDX.

Thanks!

~Amanda

Volunteer Ambassador Women for Women International

#2 Aaron

Aaron

Repressed Sprinter

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2302 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I might be able to help out. How do we sign up? Do we just tell you?

It's a simple question of weight ratios

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: volunteer, Congo, Awesome, Route

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users