1 reply to this topic

#1 Kate

Kate

Director of Public Relations

• Board Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1756 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hi Lizards - I got this volunteer opportunity sent to me this past week. I worked at this school several years ago. It's a very large, high poverty school and the students are very much in need of well supported activities after school. Look for contact information at the bottom for getting involved. Please consider helping out!

Impact NW, a local non-profit organization working to eliminate poverty, is seeking running volunteers to join our Community School Site at Barnes Elementary in Beaverton.

Running mentor volunteers participate in our daily youth running club, supporting approximately 20 youth from 3:00 - 4:30p.m., October 18-December 13. The running club consists of around 20 children, all in the 4th & 5th grades. The volunteer would need to run at an 8 min./mile pace and be the lead runner, while our teacher will follow-up behind the group. Ideally, running volunteers would commit to volunteering one day per week during the season.

Impact NW supports low-income students through our Community Schools programs by offering extended-day activities that engage students, parents, and community members, transforming high-poverty public schools into vibrant community centers.

Our Community Schools program improves the lives of more than 20,000 children and their families each year.

If there are Red Lizard members who are interested in learning more, please have them contact me directly, Stephanie Bolson, at: sbolson@impactnw.org or by calling: 503.988.6887 x268.

#2 Doug

Doug

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7221 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

I got all set up to volunteer for this...thursdays this fall...sounds fun..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users