#1 ShellyGroovyRun

ShellyGroovyRun

Newt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:59 PM

Hi Red Lizards,

I am posting to Lizards because I work with one of your runners/members at PCC and she mentioned that your group may be interested in our event.  I am a fellow runner and I also have a mom with muscular dystrophy.  Her non profit is the reason why I am organizing a waterfront run on August 20th (all proceeds go to wheelchair dancers org.).  It is a Saturday evening 5k/10k on the water & stroller's get to head out in the FIRST wave (not at the end!)  We even have an award for fastest stroller parent.  We have face painting, beautiful bridges to run, and Hoplandia at the end with delicious chili or burritos to enjoy.  Music will be pumping all night and we also have a drum group coming at 10pm to keep the vibe alive.  Winner of the groovy costume contest gets a $50 gift certificate to RoadRunnerSports.  If the Lizards have 5 or more people who want to register, I can put up a coupon code for 10% off (about $5 or a little less for the 5K).  I hope you will consider our little run something fun or a training run for a leg in Hood to Coast (we are the week before the big event)! Email me and I can set up the group/coupon code or answer any questions!  

​Thank you! -Shelly Huss (michelle)  

www.wheelchairdancers.org  runsignup.com/thegroovyrun  facebook.com/thegroovyrun

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: race, waterfront, portland, running, costume run, 10k, 5k, beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users