16 replies to this topic

#1 Kate

Kate

Director of Public Relations

• Board Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1756 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

Calling all patriotic [or not!] Lizards!  It's time to dance and sing it up at the aid station at Aid Station #7 of Foot Traffic's Flat Half and Full Marathon! 

When: Tuesday, July 4th. Shifts start at 6:00/6:30AM and go until 1:00PM. Let me know which of these shifts you can make: 

• 6:00-8:00AM - Set up: 3-4 folks (special coffee and donuts for these folks!) (Kate, Jerry, Mana, Gary, Jeff...)
  • 8:00-11:00AM - Busy, busy here... so lotsa folks (Kate, Jerry, Tiffany +2, Raghav (9AM), Angela (after traffic), Theresa, Tom, Erin, Mark, Derek, Coop...)
  • 11:00-1:00PM - BBQ, plus a few folks to continue passing out water, eloctrolyte and encouragement and clean up.  (Darren, Rick...)

Where: As in years past, our aid station is at mile 12 on the course.  When you get on the island turn right and drive past the start/finish. Tell the traffic volunteers you are volunteering at the aid station. Look for the Red Lizard Tent. Park anywhere that is off road. Traffic can be get backed up if you're trying to get onto the island in the hour before the start of the races, so please carpool if possible and/or be prepared to take it slow. 

THE COURSE MAP IS HERE, WHERE YOU CAN LOCATE AID STATION #7

What: We're passing the usual beverages and encouragement and music. Feel free to bring signs, music, friends, dogs, drinks and snacks, and lots of enthusiasm! Having brought my toddler to this event in the past, I can say this course is actually NOT very little kid friendly! There is lots of traffic right on the road... beware.  

You can sign up by replying to this thread. THANK YOU!! 

#2 RaghavW

RaghavW

President

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

I'm signed up to run the half but can be at the aid station to help around 9 AM.

#3 Kate

Kate

• Board Members
  • 1756 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:33 PM

I'm signed up to run the half but can be at the aid station to help around 9 AM.

Fabulous!

#4 JPHimmelberg

JPHimmelberg

Iguana

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

Put me down for all shifts

#5 Kate

Kate

• Board Members
  • 1756 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

Put me down for all shifts

Amazing!! Thank you!

#6 DC2PDX

DC2PDX

Runnin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Running (obviously), hiking, backpacking, horses, reading, traveling, cooking and baking.

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:52 PM

I would like to volunteer instead of run this year, last year was my half PR and this year I know I'd be likely to run a PW! Please count on me for the 8am shift and BBQ. :)

The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself.
-Mary Schmich

#7 Kate

Kate

• Board Members
  • 1756 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

I would like to volunteer instead of run this year, last year was my half PR and this year I know I'd be likely to run a PW! Please count on me for the 8am shift and BBQ. :)

Really glad you'll be there! Thanks.

#8 Angela Z

Angela Z

Mom of 3

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

I'll be there sometime after runners' traffic clears  :cheer:

#9 Kate

Kate

• Board Members
  • 1756 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

I'll be there sometime after runners' traffic clears  :cheer:

Thanks, Angela!

#10 Mana

Mana

Newt

• Red Lizards
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, running, reading, soccering, tea-ing, writing, dancing, practicing mindfulness, connecting with rad people

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

I would love to volunteer at this event! I will *try* to be there at 6am but realistically won't make it until 7ish. I have to leave sometime between 9 and 9:30. 

#11 Kate

Kate

• Board Members
  • 1756 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

I would love to volunteer at this event! I will *try* to be there at 6am but realistically won't make it until 7ish. I have to leave sometime between 9 and 9:30. 

Hi, Mana. Really grateful, thanks! I think we probably won't start set up until 630, but it will be great to have you whenever you can make it.

#12 Kate

Kate

• Board Members
  • 1756 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

Some last minute notes: 

THANKS to everyone who can come out and help! 

The weather looks clear and sunny, so please bring hats and sun screen. 

For those setting up, 6:30AM arrival to set up should be sufficient. However! The full marathon starts at 6:30AM, and the half starts at 6:50AM, so traffic will be very backed up. I am planning to drive onto the island around 6:00AM to avoid the lines/waiting. If traffic is very congested as you come over the bridge, and the race has not yet started (lane will be closed), it may be worth your time to drive clockwise around the island.

I am planning to wear some running clothes and go for a little run if we get set up with enough time to spare. 

The BBQ will get going around 10:30AM. Bring sides, desserts, snacks. The club is providing buns, burgers. 

See you there!

#13 DerekC

DerekC

Salamander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

I am able to volunteer - do you have a preference for what time I would be needed for best coverage? Otherwise, I will get there around 7:30.

#14 1Superkuper1

1Superkuper1

Salamander

• Red Lizards
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:26 AM

I can come for whichever shift has the most need.  It looks like the fist shift is well covered?  I will plan to be there around 8 unless I hear otherwise.

Coop

#15 Kate

Kate

• Board Members
  • 1756 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

I am able to volunteer - do you have a preference for what time I would be needed for best coverage? Otherwise, I will get there around 7:30.

That's good, Derek! Thank you so much! There is typically a little lull between the time we finish setting up (maybe 745AM) and when the runners show up. So.... bring a picnic chair for some lounging.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users