Photo

Training magazine discount offer (short term)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rick Lovett

Rick Lovett

Coach

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5735 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction, hiking, geophysics, cross-country skiing, toxicology, bicycle touring (especially carrying all my gear with me).

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

Since the demise of Running Times, there hasn't been a good US magazine for detailed training articles. There has been a good one in the UK, called Peak Performance, for which I've written a dozen or so times now.

My current article is posted free for the next week or so at https://www.peakendu...h-lying-to-you/. As you peruse the magazine, you can also sample three other articles, after which point it requires a subscription.

We have been offered a code good for half-price one-year subscriptions, assuming at least five people agree.

It's a good time to subscribe, because the magazine is in the process of converting its entire print library into on-line, which means it's posting about an article a day, producing an enormous amount of content.

It's a multi-sport magazine, so there's a lot for triathletes, but plenty for runners, too.

Even at half-price, it's not super-cheap; UK magazines use less advertising and higher subscription rates. (As in no ads in this magazine.) The price is in pounds, but would be about $65 per year. Normal price is about $130, so that's a fairly big discount.

I might add that I get no commission off of this, or anything like that. They pay me by the word, per article.

If you're interested, let me know, or post below. I'm not quite sure yet wha the mechanics are for getting this discount. It appears to be the first time they've tried something like this.

#2 andicamp

andicamp

showing my colors

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3485 posts
  • Interests:yes

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:18 PM

I'll have to check it out a little more, but at first glance, I'm interested. 

2010 mileage: 2929
2009 mileage: 2875
2008 mileage: 2436.5
2007 mileage: 2254.5
2010 prs/races: 1/7
2009 prs/races: 15/18
2008 prs/races: 12/17
2007 prs/races: 9/11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users