BioMechanica LLC (aka The Runner’s World Shoe Lab) is conducting a research study investigating the effects of shoe inserts on foot and leg motion during running and is seeking runners to participate as test subjects.
• Running on a treadmill for 2-3 minutes at a pace that is comfortable for you.
• While you are running we will capture the 3D motion of your leg and foot using markers attached to your foot, leg and shoe.
• The lab session will last ~90 minutes during which you will run 5-6 times with recovery periods in between
• Men shoe size 9-12; Women shoe size 10 or larger.
• 18 or older (16 or older with parental consent)
• At least three months experience running 8 miles/week or more
• Typical pace 10 min/mile or faster.
• No current musculoskeletal injuries or pain.
• No foot infections (e.g. athlete’s foot, plantar warts, toe fungus, etc.)
• Familiar with running on a treadmill, or willing to spend an additional 10-20 minutes on treadmill familiarization.
Participants will also be required to read and understand an informed consent document that describes the research protocol and potential risks and hazards in detail, then sign an agreement that includes a limited waiver of liability.
Participants will receive an honorarium $20 for each session, or we will make a donation in your name
BioMechanica’s facility is located at SE 9th and Stark, close to downtown Portland in the inner Eastside and conveniently accessible with Trimet and from major freeways. A map and directions will be provided.
Lab sessions can be scheduled during business hours, before and after work, and on weekends. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please email Nico at (Nico.Bardonner@biomechanica.com) .