5 replies to this topic

#1 SuperKuper

SuperKuper

Leapin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hey you! Yeah you! Do you run or hike or bike in Forest Park? It's time to give some love back to FP!! If you don't, who will?

Join Forest Park Conservancy's volunteer work party on Saturday, March 26th! We will be continuing our removal of English ivy near Holman Lane and NW 53rd Drive.
What: Forest Park Conservancy Volunteer Work Party

When: Saturday, March 26th, 9 am - noon

Where: NW 53rd Drive: Birch Trailhead
Carpooling is encouraged.

Register at the events page so that we can come prepared with an appropriate number of tools and snacks.

No previous experience necessary. Remember to pack plenty of water and dress for all weather conditions. We cannot guarantee sunny skies in the morning but we can guarantee you a hot cup of coffee.

If you have any additional questions regarding the work party, contact us at stewardship@forestparkconservancy.org.

Keep on truckin'! :yes:

#2 Kate

Kate

Board Member At Large

• Board Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1771 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

That's me. Coop's muscle. Seriously, though, this is worthwhile time.

#3 steves

steves

Been there done that.

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the great N.W.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hey you! Yeah you! Do you run or hike or bike in Forest Park? It's time to give some love back to FP!! If you don't, who will?

Join Forest Park Conservancy's volunteer work party on Saturday, March 26th! We will be continuing our removal of English ivy near Holman Lane and NW 53rd Drive.
What: Forest Park Conservancy Volunteer Work Party

When: Saturday, March 26th, 9 am - noon

Where: NW 53rd Drive: Birch Trailhead
Carpooling is encouraged.

Register at the events page so that we can come prepared with an appropriate number of tools and snacks.

No previous experience necessary. Remember to pack plenty of water and dress for all weather conditions. We cannot guarantee sunny skies in the morning but we can guarantee you a hot cup of coffee.

If you have any additional questions regarding the work party, contact us at stewardship@forestparkconservancy.org.

I need to do this. Despite taking time out from work, this will be well worth the effort. Time for me to give a little TLC to one of my favorite trails to run on.
Normal people scare me.

#4 SuperKuper

SuperKuper

Leapin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

Awesome, Steve! Thanks for taking time off of work for this! :goodjob:

According to the FPC website this work party is only 49% full, so you can still join in and fulfill your FP user's duty!

Those of you who cannot make it this Saturday please consider donating or becoming a member.

Info @ forestparkconservancy.org!

#5 steves

steves

Been there done that.

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the great N.W.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

I finally did it! For what little English Ivy I pulled I still felt I was doing something for the rehab of Forest Park.

Coop and I worked together as a team along with many others; tugging, pulling, and rolling up ivy. Hard and muddy work but we made some head way with clearing it away from the base of trees and native plants.

I enjoyed helping out and would encourage others to help. I will do this again.
Normal people scare me.

#6 SuperKuper

SuperKuper

Leapin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

Thanks a lot for coming out, Steve! For those of you who missed it this weekend, there are plenty of chances to volunteer a little bit of your time to help maintain the health of Forest Park.

Check out forestparkconservancy.org for the full schedule of events!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users