91 replies to this topic

#16 The_tober

The_tober

Now with a bicycle!

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2450 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

OK, I finally heard back from DePaul. Turns out Bill has moved on recently and is no longer my contact.
I talked to Toya who is the coordinator for the women activities and she definitely is interested in meeting with us to see what we could put in place. Right now they have some kind of walk/run organized at 5AM (ouch) but thinks that she could setup something additional in the afternoons.

So, who would be available for a meeting with Toya, maybe Thursday or Friday this week? I don't think we need to bring the whole gang but I would be there and maybe one or 2 of you girls. Amy, you were the first to jump on this so maybe you would be interested in taking the lead from the girls side. Again, I think it take one coordinator to set it up and then some additional help.

Toya works from 7 to 3:30, does that work for a meeting?

#17 The_tober

The_tober

Now with a bicycle!

• Red Lizards
  • 2450 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (albertpham @ Dec 27 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is great! Thanks for coordinating this, Christophe! thumbsup.png

I'd be up for helping out one day a week... probably one of the AM sessions.

I hope something like this can get started for the women of De Paul as well.

Thanks Albert for helping out on Monday.
You should know that the guys are "on focus" for the next 2 days. That's DePaul jargon for "restricted privileges". Usually happens when somebody messed up and gets the whole group in trouble. So there is no run tomorrow, but I'll be back there on Friday and so will they.

#18 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3907 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

Had dinner with Chuck C tonight, and talked to him more about it. He wants to help, but thinks he needs to be there all the time. I told him it can be just to fill in or as an extra. Call him Xtph flowers.png

Albert P, said he had a great time too.

#19 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

I can be there this Friday to meet with you and Toya after work, but I can't get there until 3:30. Do you think she would be willing to stay a little while after her normal work schedule?

#20 albertpham

albertpham

Iguana

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

Yes, it was a great way to start the day! Got me out of bed, and there's no traffic into downtown at 5AM in the morning. rolleyes.gif

I'll plan to be there again Friday morning.

#21 Julie

Julie

Reptile Runner

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

I can be there on Friday at 3:30 as well if that works for Toya.

#22 The_tober

The_tober

Now with a bicycle!

• Red Lizards
  • 2450 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Julie @ Jan 6 2011, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can be there on Friday at 3:30 as well if that works for Toya.

Update:
Toya passed the buck upwards.
I am now in communication with 2 different directors at DePaul, in charge of the adult center and donor/volunteer respectively.
They have requested a meeting and I think they are trying to make this contribution more official. I think it's great and also a great opportunity for the club.
I also believe we need to have one lead on each side (Men & Women) to attend the meeting. I already put Amy in the loop since she was the first to reply but I'll leave it up to you girls to decide who wants to be the main interface. I believe this role is a bit more involved than the run volunteering and might include some responsibility in coordination of volunteers and communicating rules/program changes at DePaul. Nothing big but a bit more engaged.
I am now waiting for a proposal from DePaul with potential dates/times for a meet.

Stay tuned.

#23 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

I have no problem taking the lead. Christophe, I did reply to the directors email tonight with more details.

Thanks for pushing this through all the loops in order to get the women's program going.

Thanks Julie for volunteering to go to the mtg.

#24 Julie

Julie

Reptile Runner

• Red Lizards
  • 827 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

I'll help out in any way I can. If Amy has made contact and want to take the lead, I believe she has the background and enthusiam to be ideal for this. There are many lizard ladies who have a lot to contribute

#25 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

Update:

Christophe, Julie and me had a great meeting with the director and the volunteer coordinator last week.

For those of you interested in volunteering; Susan, Melissa and others will need to fill out a volunteer packet, take and pass a drug test. It is fast and quick to get done and the paperwork is simple. You will need to review the rules and regulations of the facility as well.

I have some volunteer packets and can bring them to First Friday if I know people will be there that are interested. Please let me know.

They are very excited and looking forward to starting up the women's running/walking group.

They also expressed what a wonderful job Christophe and Albert P are doing. The men love it and look forward to their running days.

Please post here, we still need men to step up and help maybe once a week or whatever you can provide.
flowers.png

#26 SusanB

SusanB

Power Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Amy,
We'll be at Orcas for Feb. First Friday. Can you bring a volunteer packet with you? If it will be an inconvienence of just one more thing to pack, I can get it from you another time.

#27 lmtortor

lmtortor

Reptile Runner

• Red Lizards
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:Running, rock-climbing, biking, camping, playing piano/singing, eating ice cream

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

Excellent. I was just wondering where we were with this. My schedule for the next 2+ weeks is very open somehow (I pay for it the last part of Feb). I will be at First Friday and can get the packet then. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help put this into action.

#28 Melissa83

Melissa83

Director At Large

• Board Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts
  • Interests:Sub- 3 hours or bust.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

I'm not running right now, but am hoping to be getting back sooner than later and am definitely interested in helping still. Do we have any ideas of what time(s) we'll be running at?

#29 Aaron

Aaron

Repressed Sprinter

• Red Lizards
  • 2310 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

Hey I just saw this thread. I can do Friday mornings.

It's a simple question of weight ratios

#30 Amygirl

Amygirl

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 3907 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

Oh, yea....Susan is right I won't be at FF as I will be at Orcas. I will bring you a packet there Susan.

I will be at both goose runs tomorrow Th 27th and Sunday run at Overton SBUX . I can get the info to you.

Awesome Aaron! (pm me to let me know where I can meet you to give you the volunteer packet)

For everyone else, I will carry the packets with me. The sooner you fill them out and get the drug test done etc the better they can organize times for the women. The men are already set up with times. The paper work takes about a week for them to verify everything.

Melissa and LT I will be at the Sunday run this week and even if you're not running Melissa you can still come and join for coffee after. I can give you the packets at SBUX.

For the women's times they are thinking after work sometime either 4:30, 5:30? They are working out their schedules.

flowers.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users