• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Joe D.

Joe D.

Class Clown

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10351 posts
  • Interests:Running (duh), games, puzzles, basketball, soccer, music (listening), skipping rocks

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

The annual celebration of hill-climbing, stage running, and general fun is coming up fast! If you'd like to mingle with your fellow Lizards on warm summer evenings in pleasant venues while earning your own Tour de Goose points, volunteering at one or more stages might be just what you're looking for.

The 2012 Tour de Goose will take place over six days during a nine-day period, with various competitions and challenges, and each stage could use a few volunteers to help with set up, registration, course marshaling, results, and other small tasks that will keep the Tour humming along efficiently. Volunteers will earn 50 TdG points just for helping, and are of course still eligible to compete in other stages. And depending on the volunteer assignment, you may even be able to take part in the same stage you help out at.

Here is the schedule:

Thursday, July 12, at the Goose Run (3 volunteers needed)

Monday, July 16, at the WAMR run at the Portland Running Co. in Beaverton (3 volunteers)

Tuesday, July 17, at the Duniway Track (2 volunteers)

Wednesday, July 18, at the Fulton Run (4 volunteers)

Thursday, July 19, at the Goose Run (3 volunteers) and the downhill mile nearby (2 volunteers)

Friday, July 20, at Washington Park (BBQ afterward!) (6 volunteers)

All stages take place in the evening, and you should expect to arrive by 5:45. Stayed tuned for more details on specific volunteer needs, and post here or email Steve Trautwein at SteveTrautwein@redlizardrunning.com if you are interested in helping out. Thanks!

Edited by Joe D., 05 July 2012 - 08:40 PM.

"I run best when I run free." - Steve Prefontaine

"I never go out too fast; sometimes I just finish too slowly!" - Joe Dudman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users