***ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
In keeping with the tradition over the past many years, Team Red Lizard (TRL) will once again be providing the official pace group leaders for the 2014 Portland Marathon which is on 10/05/2014. Again this year, I am the Red Lizard member in charge of coordinating this effort. But we all know this couldn't happen at all without the enthusiastic help of those that lead the hundreds of runners in the race to very important goals they have set for themselves, whether it be qualifying for Boston or simply improving their previous best time.
PACE TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE CURRENT, PAID TRL MEMBERS! If you are not a current member and wish to pace, please join our great club. Otherwise, I will keep your name on a waiting list and will contact you only if I'm unable to fill all slots with TRL members first.
What will I get out of pacing the Marathon you might ask? Well, in addition to the satisfaction of helping many runners have fun and achieve their goals, we offer the following:
- a short-sleeved, technical fabric, well sought after Red Lizard pace team shirt
- a long-sleeved, special edition Portland Marathon/TRL pace team shirt
- the appreciation and gratitude you will get from many fellow runners for helping them meet their goals
What is required from you as a pace group leader?
- the willingness and ability to run at least 13.1 miles at the goal pace for your group. You can certainly run farther if you'd like, all the way up to the full 26.2 mile distance. But we would like to have at least two group leaders per pace group (one doing the first half and the other person doing the second half).
- the willingness and ability to motivate the runners in your group along the way. Communication with your group is extremely important.
- the willingness and ability to attend ONE pace Group Team meeting, time and location TBD.
- the willingness to spend some time at the TRL Pace Group booth at the Portland Marathon expo, answering questions from Marathon participants, handing out pace bands, etc.
I will update this post with more information as time goes on, so please check back periodically. In the meantime, to get the ball rolling, at the end of this post is a listing of the pace groups we'd like to fill for 2014.
If you are interested in pacing this year's Portland Marathon, please email me or send me a PM through the message board and include the following:
- your name
- your contact info (email AND phone number)
- which pace group you'd like and which half (1st, 2nd or whole thing)
- your size in a unisex tech fabric running shirt
I'll do my best to accommodate all requests but ask for a little flexibility on your part as well.
Thank you in advance for helping us continue the excellent tradition our club has as Marathon pacers!
imarunr at comcast dot net
2014 Portland Marathon Pace Groups
1st half - Dan R (L), Dan K (S)
2nd half - Larry M (M), Alan R (M)
1st half - Torrey (M), Eric C (M)
2nd half - Darren (M), Dave R (S)
1st half - Raghav (S), Laura C (XS)
2nd half - BrianD (S), Chad (S)
1st half - Melissa (XS), Rizzo (S)
2nd half - Tim (M), Anthony (L)
1st half - Joel P (M), John S (M)
2nd half - Lou (L), Angela L (XS)
1st half - Conor (M), Sam T (M)
2nd half - TDG (M), David A (L)
1st half - Glen (M), Emi (XS)
2nd half - Teal (L), Katherine K (S)
1st half - Jonathan (L), Erik (L)
2nd half - Erica O (XS), Gregg L (L)
1st half - Ronel C (M), Keith (M)
2nd half - Joanna (XS), Amy Al-K (S)
1st half - Elle (S), Shannon (S)
2nd half - Stephanie L (S), Katie C ( )
1st half - Beth A (XS), Bob M (M)
2nd half - MarkieMo (M), Brian B ( )
1st half - Angela Z (XS), Karen F
2nd half - Sheila D (S), Gary A (L)
1st half - Colleen B (M), Beth C (XS)
2nd half - Elizabeth D (S), Steve T (L)
1st half - Stacey (S), Randy H (M)
2nd half - Linda K (S), Henry A (M)
1st half - Jae (L), DDMike (M)
2nd half - Jules F (S), Rochelle (M)