38 replies to this topic

#16 gnupaul

gnupaul

Gila Monster

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1956 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:27 PM

i need to get cracking again, see if that knee really doesn't need surgery! tryon was always one of my favorites, even if the damn canuck always showed up. 'course, without hockey, what else do the canucks have to do?

so. usually in the summer we started at 8 am and winter at 9 am. then i think we compromised to 8:30. sounds like that is markie's proposal, so that works for me.

#17 Angela

Angela

Secretary

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (markiemo @ Oct 20 2004, 01:02 PM)
Yahoo !  Johnny'll be there !

Lindbo's in, bring on the MUD

#18 NextLizard_runningwife_*

NextLizard_runningwife_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 10:38 AM

do any of you guys know the trail names (in order!) that you run once you hit the park? i'm not going to keep up with you, but i'd like to know the route, so i know how many miles i'm going to get in. i'll start and stop at the nature center. thanks!

Kendra

#19 gnupaul

gnupaul

Gila Monster

• Red Lizards
  • 1956 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 10:52 AM

Only Johnny H knows the route. It varies with the state of US/Canada relations.

I can tell you verbally but Markie or John know the names. here are the collection points:

First group heads out from the shoe store. Usually Reg and some others head out from the Nature Center 10-15 minutes later. Depending on when the Nature Center group left, we meet up at some point on the trail and return to the Nature Center. Water and bathroom stop.

Then we head out along the horse trail, right, left, right, left, until eventually we hit Myra's turn and Sherry's bridge (that suspended mutha).

Continue on to a four way, up the hill, round and round we go and we're back at the Nature Center for water break.

Then back toward Englewood, at some point Reg usually spins off to return to Nature Center, sometimes Andrew or Tim spin off here to cut a few miles off.

Then Englewood brutal hill, some hiking trail, and back to the original trail (Iron Mountain).

Best thing for you, Kendra, is to find out if there is going to be two groups or one. If just one, I'd suggest hooking up w/ Reg at the Nature Center. You'll be able to hang with us until the few big hills, but that is close enough to the next stop at the Nature Center that you'll be fine.

#20 NextLizard_runningwife_*

NextLizard_runningwife_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:06 AM

thanks paul, that reaaaaally helped me out. NOT!!!

just kidding.

Mark or John, do you know the trail names? i guess if worst case, i could just run around for time?

thanks everybody! (except paul) wink.gif

K

#21 markiemo

markiemo

Director of Group Runs

• Board Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3646 posts
  • Interests:Trail running, biking, hanging with reptiles, camping, traveling,
    beach bumming, enjoying the endless string of Saturdays...

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:58 AM

Oh dear, dear Running Wife. I don't think I could do better than Paul. You do really run all over crazy-like for a while then you're back at the Nature house. The nature House is always close by so running for time is maybe your best option. I do there all the time by myself.

The trail we follow is just too convoluted to describe with any true accuracy.

Sorry. See you tomorrow. wacko.gif

#22 NextLizard_Tiger Paul_*

NextLizard_Tiger Paul_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:56 PM

So 8:30 from the store in Lake O? I'll be there... rain or shine...

#23 markiemo

markiemo

Director of Group Runs

• Board Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3646 posts
  • Interests:Trail running, biking, hanging with reptiles, camping, traveling,
    beach bumming, enjoying the endless string of Saturdays...

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:36 PM

Si, si, Senor Tigre.

#24 gnupaul

gnupaul

Gila Monster

• Red Lizards
  • 1956 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:03 AM

fantastic turnout and a great run. i think we peaked at 16 runners as Kendra ran by us in the opposite direction. a bunch of first times, we only lost one runner. ended up with two groups.

great run, nice fall colors. hope to see y'all next week.

#25 The Law

The Law

Runnin' Lizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:52 PM

Thanks to Jacki and Susan for patiently running my pace. I had a great run, longest I've done in a while, and definitely look forward to more!
Anyone hear if Terri/Carrie (?) made it back to her car and to work on time?

#26 gnupaul

gnupaul

Gila Monster

• Red Lizards
  • 1956 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:27 PM

yep, tiger paul hung in there as well even though those two-weeks-out marathon legs were complaining. same for runningwife's hubby. so how did you two feel on sunday morning??

#27 NextLizard_Ducksfan_*

NextLizard_Ducksfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (gnupaul @ Oct 25 2004, 03:27 PM)
yep, tiger paul hung in there as well even though those two-weeks-out marathon legs were complaining.  same for runningwife's hubby.  so how did you two feel on sunday morning??

I was surprised to wake up a little sore, but felt great at Niketown tonight

#28 NextLizard_Tiger Paul_*

NextLizard_Tiger Paul_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:02 AM

I felt like crap on Sunday... sore hip but I felt fine by Monday and will probably make it out to Lake O tonight if I don't decide to head out to someplace dark to watch the total lunar eclipse tonight... it supposed to be a red October eclipse

#29 NextLizard_runningwife_*

NextLizard_runningwife_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (The Law @ Oct 25 2004, 02:52 PM)
Thanks to Jacki and Susan for patiently running my pace. I had a great run, longest I've done in a while, and definitely look forward to more!
Anyone hear if Terri/Carrie (?) made it back to her car and to work on time?

law: if you dont mind my asking, what was your pace on saturday? i was a bit lonely on my opposite direction run, it would be funner to run with you guys!

i'm working on pushing myself much harder than ever before, so i'm just wondering if i can keep up with you yet?

also, carrie did get back to her car, i saw her at the store when i was waiting for the crew to get back.

K

#30 The Law

The Law

Runnin' Lizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:26 PM

[quote=runningwife,Oct 26 2004, 12:13 PM]
law: if you dont mind my asking, what was your pace on saturday? i was a bit lonely on my opposite direction run, it would be funner to run with you guys!

I have NO idea. I am the wrong person to ask about pace. Maybe Jacki knows? I will tell you they let me walk up the hills though (shhhh....)

and Paul- I heard the eclipse was Wed. night and the weather is supposed to clear up for it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users