#16 Gary

Gary

Runnin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Tif @ Oct 20 2006, 06:56 AM)
The club is in need of a few folks (it would be great if we had 2 for each-having an alternate if someone can not make it that week) for group run leaders for the Friday NE Foot Traffic and the Saturday LO Foot Traffic store runs. Sometimes folks have showed up for the runs and no one has been there......(what is the point of the club if you have to run by yourself?)

Like Markiemo does for the Weds. pub run---you have to commit to being there to run and lead the group so no one gets lost! This is a great opportunity to give back to and support the club. Any one interested in wanting to make a difference???? grin.png

I've got to recover faster so I can join you all. Malea, get there by 6:00, runs usually begin by 6:10 or 6:15.

#17 maleasulliban

maleasulliban

Salamander

• Red Lizards
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:25 AM

On first Fridays, like it will be this Friday, does this run still happen?

QUOTE (Gary @ Oct 28 2006, 04:44 PM)
I've got to recover faster so I can join you all.  Malea, get there by 6:00, runs usually begin by 6:10 or 6:15.

#18 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

Under the Radar Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2131 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (maleasulliban @ Oct 30 2006, 05:25 AM)
On first Fridays, like it will be this Friday, does this run still happen?

It has in the past. If you do the longer FT Friday run, you will arrive at First Friday a little later than the early birds, well atleast I will. tongue.gif
First Run 5K
Shamrock 15K

Running is a Lifestyle, Not a Job or an Event.

#19 g.o.

g.o.

Leapin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:I write, run, surf, paddle, cycle, and have way more fun than my seventh-grade algebra teacher thought possible.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:25 PM

You can have fun with these runs, too, you know. Mark and I had a Founder's Day run at the Fulton one year, where we gave out Custom Founder's Day mugs to all participants. Custom, meaning we bought some red plastic party cups and Mark and I signed the cups for everybody who showed up at that run. We got lucky, too, because a Nike rep showed up, as well as this cute little blonde Mizuno rep and they had dualing giveaways. Somebody ended up with some shoes and a bunch of other stuff.

#20 Pamela

Pamela

Newt

• Red Lizards
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:24 PM

Hey There.
I am new to the club.
Not sure how intense your "slow" pace is but I am very interested in trying it with you. I could start next week 11/10. I also work until 4:30pm. What time do you normally meet?
Beers sound fun as well!
Hope to hear back = )
Pam

QUOTE (kat @ Oct 24 2006, 09:35 AM)
I like the FT Friday run and am also in the s-l-o-w category. I ran all by myself on last FF evening  huh.gif Also into do the Rock Butte route with no speed involved. l would be interested in making it a regular; beer, too. I work on Saturdays, so would not worry about racing the next day... wink.gif
Oh, and I tend to get lost fairly consistantly on the way back.. wacko.gif but always get there anyway---variety!

#21 kat

kat

grasshopper

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:38 PM

Hi Pam,
My slow pace could not be described as intense...more like 9ish, with slowing down for uphill, occasional speeding up for downhill or cold-weather zippys...If i am too slow for you, there should be faster folk, too. I plan on being there on a regular basis...and when work intereferes, it sounds like others should show up....I believe 6:15 is generally take-off time.
tongue.gif Kerri
Erlichda!

#22 Pamela

Pamela

Newt

• Red Lizards
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:17 PM

EXCELLENT! Thanks for the reply grin.png
It just depends on the day for me but generally I can run anywhere from 7-10ish depending on the distance, course etc.
I am really looking forward to joining the pack.
Hoping next Friday will be my "debut" hee hee wink.gif
~pammy

QUOTE (Pamela @ Nov 1 2006, 03:24 PM)
Hey There.
I am new to the club.
Not sure how intense your "slow" pace is but I am very interested in trying it with you. I could start next week 11/10. I also work until 4:30pm. What time do you normally meet?
Beers sound fun as well!
Hope to hear back = )
Pam

#23 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

Under the Radar Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2131 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Pamela @ Nov 2 2006, 03:17 PM)
EXCELLENT! Thanks for the reply grin.png 
It just depends on the day for me but generally I can run anywhere from 7-10ish depending on the distance, course etc.
I am really looking forward to joining the pack.
Hoping next Friday will be my "debut" hee hee wink.gif
~pammy

Welcome Pamela. I may or may not be there, depending on whether I get back from Seattle in time. You have a range of speeds. I'm a 9.5-10.5 minute miler no matter what the distance, 5K or marathon. That's just the way my muscles seem to be working. Hopefully, I will see you tomorrow or some ther day.
First Run 5K
Shamrock 15K

Running is a Lifestyle, Not a Job or an Event.

#24 Gary

Gary

Runnin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

If I can leave work soon enough, I'll be at FT Friday evening. Will likely do the short route until my old bod is better. Any other, besides those already mentioned, gonna show? I intend to go to FF after. Gary

#25 maleasulliban

maleasulliban

Salamander

• Red Lizards
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:53 PM

I want to do this run and will but not until the end of the month as I did my long run today (weds.) and then I'm out of the country for a bit.

But, I hope you folks keep the steam of this run going and I look forward to climbing the hill (my pace is about a 9 to 10 min. mile) and having beers after!

QUOTE (Gary @ Nov 2 2006, 05:32 PM)
If I can leave work soon enough, I'll be at FT Friday evening.  Will likely do the short route until my old bod is better.  Any other, besides those already mentioned, gonna show?  I intend to go to FF after.  Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users