THE CLUB NEEDS YOU!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 NextLizard_Tif_*

NextLizard_Tif_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:56 AM

The club is in need of a few folks (it would be great if we had 2 for each-having an alternate if someone can not make it that week) for group run leaders for the Friday NE Foot Traffic and the Saturday LO Foot Traffic store runs. Sometimes folks have showed up for the runs and no one has been there......(what is the point of the club if you have to run by yourself?)

Like Markiemo does for the Weds. pub run---you have to commit to being there to run and lead the group so no one gets lost! This is a great opportunity to give back to and support the club. Any one interested in wanting to make a difference???? grin.png

#2 julz

julz

50k sprinter!

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1511 posts
  • Interests:Running, Horses, Rabbits, Kayaking, wine tasting, 80's new wave, yes I'm old

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:28 AM

I could maybe do the fri foot traffic run after xc season
artificial air freshener is toxic!!

#3 Gary

Gary

Runnin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:27 PM

I can help on Fridays at NE FT. Will need to wait awhile until I'm healthy. I will likely be assisting with Flat Half training after the first of the year. That's Saturdays and I rarely run two days in a row (concession to my knees).

I'd like to see if other lizards can assists with the flat half. May be a great source of red meat, er... new members. We just need to use roll-model types that can avoid making TRL seem like an elite, fast club. I know we are fast, but we are many other things as well. That perception seems to be off-putting to rookies.

Gary

#4 rizzo

rizzo

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3609 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:46 PM

i could deal with the saturday run at the l.o. foot traffic. however, i am still trying to recover from an injury.

#5 kelbelle

kelbelle

http://blog.oregonlive.com/runoregon

• Red Lizards
  • 4802 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:06 PM

Gary, I might be up for helping with the Flat Half stuff, depending on my schedule and job situation.
Dear runners: come to a group run, say hi to us at a race, or just post on the message board!

Check out our group run, race calendars, and news on local running on the <a href="http://blog.oregonli....com/runoregon" target="_blank">RunOregon Blog</a> by me, Joe Dudman, Jim Mattern, Marianne Jones, Marya Van Metre, Jen Sotolongo, and Jonathan Marcus.

<a href="http://www.facebook.....com/runoregon" target="_blank">Check out RunOregon on facebook.</a>

#6 Doug

Doug

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Members
  • 7221 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:08 PM

I would volunteer for the Saturday morning runs in LO but it depends on what my work schedule is...I never really know when I'm working on a Saturday until the last minute of the weekday schedule.

#7 TDG

TDG

Komodo Dragon

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2187 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:42 AM

I'm pretty sure that I could help lead the NE Foot Traffic runs up to Rocky Butte, especially every other week. Hopefully I can start out this Friday, but if not, definitely next Friday (the 3rd)

#8 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

Under the Radar Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • 2131 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (TDG @ Oct 22 2006, 12:42 PM)
I'm pretty sure that I could help lead the NE Foot Traffic runs up to Rocky Butte, especially every other week.    Hopefully I can start out this Friday, but if not, definitely next Friday (the 3rd)

The most I can do is help with the slower runners on the Rocky Butte Course, if that's any help, as I tend to be the ONLY slow runner. sad.gif But, if anyone wants the company, I'll try to make the Friday Foot Traffic more regularly. However, I may need to celebrate with beers following the run, if anyone is interested. tongue.gif
First Run 5K
Shamrock 15K

Running is a Lifestyle, Not a Job or an Event.

#9 BrianH

BrianH

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Red Lizards
  • 8737 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

I ran the Rocky Butte Course once in August.
It was a while after that I joined the club.
There were 3 others running that day.
I was kind of left in the dust.
If there are other huffers that will show, I'm more than
happy to be part of the crowd.
I'll do the distance but I'm not up to 7 m/m up that hill
yet .

Marathon training skulker

#10 kat

kat

grasshopper

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Tony the Tiger @ Oct 22 2006, 02:05 PM)
The most I can do is help with the slower runners on the Rocky Butte Course, if that's any help, as I tend to be the ONLY slow runner. sad.gif But, if anyone wants the company, I'll try to make the Friday Foot Traffic more regularly. However, I may need to celebrate with beers following the run, if anyone is interested. tongue.gif
I ran the Rocky Butte Course once in August.
It was a while after that I joined the club.
There were 3 others running that day.
I was kind of left in the dust.
If there are other huffers that will show, I'm more than
happy to be part of the crowd.
I'll do the distance but I'm not up to 7 m/m up that hill
yet .

I like the FT Friday run and am also in the s-l-o-w category. I ran all by myself on last FF evening huh.gif Also into do the Rock Butte route with no speed involved. l would be interested in making it a regular; beer, too. I work on Saturdays, so would not worry about racing the next day... wink.gif
Oh, and I tend to get lost fairly consistantly on the way back.. wacko.gif but always get there anyway---variety!
Erlichda!

#11 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

Under the Radar Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • 2131 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (kat @ Oct 24 2006, 09:35 AM)
I like the FT Friday run and am also in the s-l-o-w category. I ran all by myself on last FF evening  huh.gif Also into do the Rock Butte route with no speed involved. l would be interested in making it a regular; beer, too. I work on Saturdays, so would not worry about racing the next day... wink.gif
Oh, and I tend to get lost fairly consistantly on the way back.. wacko.gif but always get there anyway---variety!
Sounds like a plan Kat! I won't get lost, but I did need a map so I could follow the exact route to get in the 8+ miles. Coming back is a piece of cake. Even climbing the Butte is fine. My problem was the darkness and locating street signs just before the butte and seeing the roadway going up the butte.
First Run 5K
Shamrock 15K

Running is a Lifestyle, Not a Job or an Event.

#12 Gary

Gary

Runnin' Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:19 PM

Rocky Butte is where I trained during my youthful marathon days. I still think its a great run and would be happy to show the way. To all that might get lost, you can't in the NE grid system. Kerri's approach is the best. An alternative longer run would be to Mt. Tabor and back. Shorter, around Rose City Park Golf Course.

Last year we lacked slower runners to show the newbies around.

I like that 7 m/m, yet...up the hill and beer, too. Last year, Merill and I discussed a chili feed after the run. As I recall, Joanna even volunteered to help out. Maybe this could be an extra added attraction at my place. No, wait, I'd have to actually clean house blush.gif .

#13 kat

kat

grasshopper

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:57 AM

oh oh.
Seems like the rest of life is conspiring against me when it comes to running lately...I have a sick kitten that may need to go to the vet after work, so good chance I won't make it to FT sad.gif ....I'll know by mid-morning & will post.
Erlichda!

#14 kat

kat

grasshopper

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:17 AM

p.s.
Merill, Rick L & I did make it to FT. Beautiful evening and nice short run. Looking forward to seeing more folks there. I am going to make a real effort to be there for the "slow set", and will become versed in the various routes.... wink.gif
Erlichda!

#15 maleasulliban

maleasulliban

Salamander

• Red Lizards
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:29 PM

what time does the friday rocky butte run start? i'd like to make it one of these fridays since i live in the area. i haven't lived in northeast all that long and running is a great way to get to know your neighborhood. i too am in the slower category for sure!

QUOTE (kat @ Oct 28 2006, 11:17 AM)
p.s.
Merill, Rick L & I did make it to FT. Beautiful evening and nice short run. Looking forward to seeing more folks there. I am going to make a real effort to be there for the "slow set", and will become versed in the various routes.... wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users