15 replies to this topic

#1 Angela

Angela

Secretary

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:09 PM

Mark those calendars; our next Run With the Dogs is April 8th.

Itís a great way to help exercise and socialize shelter dogs, look for a new pet or just get your dog fix while enjoying a group run/walk.

April 8th
9:00 Petco 333 S. State Street in Lake Oswego
Dogs are matched with runners/walkers. Potential adopters always get first choice.
9:10 the Lake Oswego Ididarod begins. The course is a lovely 5 mile out and back run along river road. You and your dog determine pace and distance.
10:00 Dogs are returned to Petco for 2 more hours of meet and greet, seeking forever home.

Looking for a dog or cat now: http://www.co.multno...r.us/dbcs/pets/

#2 Tgirl

Tgirl

jill of all (running) trades

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4215 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

Angela:

Count me in for Staurday.

Seeing as how the lake run is just one month away, I would love to run the course
before the dog run.

Is anyone else interested?

Joanna
"The real violence, the violence that I realized was unforgivable, is the violence that we do to ourselves when we're too afraid to be who we really are." Lana Wachowski.

#3 Doug

Doug

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Members
  • 7221 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:59 AM

I'll be at the run as usual and most likely would like to run a little before hand, too to get in shape for Bloomsday and the Lake Run.

#4 markiemo

markiemo

Director of Group Runs

• Board Members
  • 3646 posts
  • Interests:Trail running, biking, hanging with reptiles, camping, traveling,
    beach bumming, enjoying the endless string of Saturdays...

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:11 AM

I'll do the Lake run before the dog dash. It's a great way to get in some quality miles and then get to play with some canines.

#5 Angela

Angela

Secretary

• Admin
  • 2372 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:27 AM

Speaking of the Lake Run... it's scheduled for May 13th. This would be our next Run with the Dogs. Because of the large number of club members running the race we'll abbreviate the May Run with the dogs. We're still planning to bring out dogs but will likely just walk them around Millennium park.

#6 kelbelle

kelbelle

http://blog.oregonlive.com/runoregon

• Red Lizards
  • 4802 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:54 AM

Angela--I'm coming this Sat for the running with the dogs; and I think we have a few newer members/interested people who would be happy to take some older or less mobile animals for a short jog or stroll.
Dear runners: come to a group run, say hi to us at a race, or just post on the message board!

Check out our group run, race calendars, and news on local running on the <a href="http://blog.oregonli....com/runoregon" target="_blank">RunOregon Blog</a> by me, Joe Dudman, Jim Mattern, Marianne Jones, Marya Van Metre, Jen Sotolongo, and Jonathan Marcus.

<a href="http://www.facebook.....com/runoregon" target="_blank">Check out RunOregon on facebook.</a>

#7 Tgirl

Tgirl

jill of all (running) trades

• Red Lizards
  • 4215 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:47 AM

Mark:

I'd love to do the lake run course with you Saturday at 8:00 AM.

I hope I don't slow you up too much!!

Joanna
"The real violence, the violence that I realized was unforgivable, is the violence that we do to ourselves when we're too afraid to be who we really are." Lana Wachowski.

#8 jlittlehales

jlittlehales

Newt

• Red Lizards
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:06 PM

I will be there too this Saturday for the Dog Dash, and would like to do the Lake Run at 8:00. Can someone clarify the meeting time/ place if you want to do the Lake Run. I am new so I am not familiar with the course or where you are meeting (unless it is the Petco parking lot).

Thanks!

Jody

#9 markiemo

markiemo

Director of Group Runs

• Board Members
  • 3646 posts
  • Interests:Trail running, biking, hanging with reptiles, camping, traveling,
    beach bumming, enjoying the endless string of Saturdays...

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:18 PM

Jody, it would be a pleasure to run with you. Meet us by the Petco in Lake Ego a little before 8:00. It takes just about an hour to do the loop around the lake so we will need to push off at 8:00 sharp.

Mark

#10 jlittlehales

jlittlehales

Newt

• Red Lizards
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (markiemo @ Apr 4 2006, 12:18 PM)
Jody, it would be a pleasure to run with you.  Meet us by the Petco in Lake Ego a little before 8:00.  It takes just about an hour to do the loop around the lake so we will need to push off at 8:00 sharp.

Mark

Thanks Mark, see you on Saturday at 8:00.

#11 Torrey

Torrey

Communications Director

• Admin
  • 10791 posts
  • Interests:I always love flyfishing. Occasionally I like running...

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:06 PM

Barring something unforseen happening (like First Friday turning into First Saturday dry.gif ), I am planning to join the pack for the Lake Run loop at 8am.

See you all tomorrow (or tonight)!

#12 Jeff M

Jeff M

Komodo Dragon

• Red Lizards
  • 2747 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:38 PM

Bump.

If I had some ham I could make ham and eggs if I had some eggs.

#13 kat

kat

grasshopper

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:19 PM

I took tomorrow off...even 'though our "official" calendar sez run-with-dogs is next week, looks like it is tomorrow...how could I not go?

grin.png kat
Erlichda!

#14 timknox

timknox

Komodo Dragon

• Members
  • 2237 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:40 AM

The Run With The Dogs was a great time. My son was bummed when they first took the dogs out of the van and he didn't get one to walk. But we started walking to the park and Angela and Torrey came running by and let him help walk Lucy. He was thrilled and we had a great time.

Of course now the big question is: When are we going to get a dog?

#15 Angela

Angela

Secretary

• Admin
  • 2372 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (timknox @ Apr 10 2006, 12:40 PM)
The Run With The Dogs was a great time.  My son was bummed when they first took the dogs out of the van and he didn't get one to walk.  But we started walking to the park and Angela and Torrey came running by and let him help walk Lucy.  He was thrilled and we had a great time.

Of course now the big question is: When are we going to get a dog?

Thanks to both of you for joining. It's great for the dogs to interact with the youngsters too. Glad your son was there to help.. Lucy was a two hand dog!

You just let me know when your ready for a dog! Lots of great dogs come through the shelter. I'm currently fostering Grady (tall black lab). He's perfect with kids, cats, other dogs, is house broke, comes when called etc. etc. He also loves to run but is a mellow man in the house. His only defect is he's got some food allergies and will need a high quality diet (we runners understand that). Let me know if you or anyone reading this knows of someone looking for a great dog.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users