• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Torrey

Torrey

Communications Director

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10713 posts
  • Interests:I always love flyfishing. Occasionally I like running...

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:44 AM

Who's ready for a little trail exploration?  

With most of the trails on the Oregon side of the Gorge still closed, there are still plenty of scenic opportunities that are accessible in winter on the Washington side.  And is there a more famous trail in the PNW than the Pacific Crest Trail? 

The plan is to do an out-back on the section of trail just north of the Columbia River.  We will start at the Bonneville trailhead (near Bonneville dam, just across Bridge of the Gods).  From there we will head north on the PCT as long or short as anyone feels like running.  Obviously, you can run all the way to Canada (if you really want), but odds are good most people will run a couple hours and do 10-15 miles total.  The following trail page describes a 15 mile option, but you can see that even going shorter than that will give you some great views of Hamilton Mountain, Table Mountain, Gillette Lake, and several other streams and ponds along the route.

http://www.oregonhik...iefs_Trail_Hike

The plan:

Meet at the McMenamins 205 at 8:30 to carpool.  From there it will take 45 minutes or so to get to the trailhead.  

We should be running around 9:30.  Figure we get done around 11:30.

Post run lunch in Stevenson at Walking Man Brewery.  12-1

We should be back to the carpool location around 2pm

Post up if you plan to join, so that we know who to be looking for at the carpool location.  Or if you live further east and just want to meet at the trailhead, that works as well.  If you opt for that, be there by 9:30.

Looking forward to a winter day on the trails!

#2 StevenS

StevenS

Gecko

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:47 AM

Im a solid maybe.

#3 Torrey

Torrey

Communications Director

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10713 posts
  • Interests:I always love flyfishing. Occasionally I like running...

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:52 AM

I'm planning on doing this at recovery pace.  Saturday will be my hard training day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users