1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeff M

Jeff M

Komodo Dragon

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2746 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:09 AM

Lizards! The regular Goose run this Thursday July 11 has been given over to the 2019 Tour de Goose Stage 2 Trivial Pursuit Pursuit. Meet at the usual start point which is the northwest corner of SW Madison Street and SW 19th Avenue (which is about 100 meters from the Goose Hollow Inn and about 150 meters from the Goose Hollow/SW Jefferson MAX stop) at 6PM.

From there we will run up to the Trivial Pursuit Pursuit course which is near the Holocaust Memorial in Washington Park. After the Stage is complete, we'll run back to the starting point and adjourn to the Goose Hollow Inn for beverages and celebration.

The Trivial Pursuit Pursuit involves running (duh!) and answering trivia questions. You don't have to be a fast runner to win this Stage, indeed to win the whole Tour! All in all, this adds up to about 3 miles running - and about 500 feet of elevation gain/loss - all on roads.

Vive le Tour!

If I had some ham I could make ham and eggs if I had some eggs.

#2 David Hatfield

David Hatfield

Power Lizard

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:16 AM

Trivial Pursuit Pursuit saw 11 runners doing laps in Washington Park, overseen by 3 volunteers. The victors were both newcomers to this year's tour: Julie (last name?) and Joe Dudman, winner of this event 3 of the last 4 years. Joe also joined Jeff Malmquist as the only(?) runners in the history of this event to have completed the course without a miss.

Through two of five stages, Joanna Harper and Daniel L. Bartoszretain the overall lead, but they are closely pursued. See standings below. Let me know of corrections/additions. (In each stage, points are prorated from 100 (first) to 50 (last). Volunteers also earn 50 points. There are some exceptions, such as in the Guillotine Mile where runners who don't make it in time receive goose eggs.)

The next two stages (Downhill Mile & Uphill Sprint) are next Thursday at the Goose again.

P.S. Sorry to hear there was some finish-line controversy in the Guillotine Mile. Fun is an objective of the Tour, but so is good competition. We try to be clear and fair, but sometimes aren't entirely successful. Do let us know what you think. If the Guillotine Mile returns, a finish-line video would be good... or we could use a real guillotine so that we don't have to hear from disgruntled runners. ;-)

66410781_2661684307175043_89909589268328

66800799_2663327320344075_56969435473961

Edited by David Hatfield, 13 July 2019 - 02:57 AM.

I could dig deeper..., but then I'd be further in a hole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users