12 replies to this topic

#1 Angela

Angela

Secretary

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2369 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

Meet a few of our potential running/walking companions. If you see one you have an interest in adopting, don't wait, they are first come first serve. Feel free to e-mail me for more details on any of the below dogs. Thanks to all who make this outreach work! The dogs love it!

Gracy has more enthusiasm than one would think a dog could have. She is great with people and loves to explore the world around her. She'd be a great walking or other outdoor activity companion. We believe her mix to be Pitbull/Bulldog. She thinks her mix is toy poodle lap dog. She's one goofy sweet girl!

Oh Danny boy! He's a bundle of love and his cheerful outlook is infectious. He is around 6 years old and will be neutered before going home. Danny needs a home that is active and will include him in family activities. Keep him exercised and what a friendly loving companion you'll have. Danny has had obedience training!!

Birdie is a real bird dog. She will want to follow them wherever they go. German Shorthairs have a lot of energy and do best in a home with a runner, jogger, or bicyclist. Another handy option for excercise is dog daycare, which Birdie would enjoy! She will be a loyal and sweet companion and is great at obedience! Birdie goes on my ever growing list of "favorites". This girl is a gem! wub.gif

Bailey is a tan and white female Beagle/Terrier mix. She is very bright and definately has a mind of her own. She is about 10 mos old and currently weighs 26 lbs.Bailey should be crate trained when left alone, she dug out under the fence in her previous adopter's home. Beagles & Terriers can be prone to escaping, please ask our counselors about how to work with this. Typically a good dose of regular exercise, supervision can help prevent this. Bailey lived with kids and other dogs in her prior home, she played well with both. She should be taken to obedience classes in her new home.

Miranda is the essence of a sweet girl. She is a "bird dog" so likes to wander but a well secured fenced yard will take care of that. She loves handling and is sweet and gentle in temperament. Miranda has had some basic obedience training, has been spayed and is a sweet girl. She is about 2 yrs and is at 64 lbs. We think Miranda is a lab/Weimeraner mix - talk about a running dog!

MCAS named him Chandler. He is a black and brown male purebred Doberman Pinscher. He is approximately 6 years old. He weighs about 86 lbs. He is a very strong boy, so we ask children be 10 years and older. Chandler is a very sweet regal boy. He loves attention - even baths. Although he loves people and other dogs he likes cats a little too much, he must got to a cat free home.

Corn Dog is a brown and black brindle male Hound mix . He is approximately 1 year old. and weighs about 60 lbs. CD will need lots of exercise and interaction with his new family. He will benefit from formal obedience training and lots of hugs & kisses. He is a big, strong boy so make sure you have the space and time to manage him. CD is only 1 year old so still has alot of puppy in him.

Buster is a black and white male Labrador Retriever mix. He weighs about 84 lbs. and has been neutered. He appears to be around 5 years old. When on leash he pulls very hard to go where he wants. For this reason we ask children be 6 years and older and suggest using a front clip harness (sold here). Buster has been kenneled here with another dog and got along very well. He has a skin condition that with good food & flea care should get better soon. "Don't judge me for my receeding hair line, mine will grow back! Buster will make a great family dog, he's not as energetic as some of the young pups. A good game of fetch or daily walks will keep him happy.

Simon is a neutered male Rottweiler mix. He is nervous in new situations but does warm up when he gets comfortable. His finder who had him for a few days said he got along with other dogs & cats, is houstrained and will let you know when he has to go out. They also said he likes to cuddle and has some training. We found him to be very nice and gentlemanly. He enjoys going for walks and likes to lean on you for attention. Simon is quite handsome boy!

Photo order: Gracie, Danny, Birdie, Bailey, Miranda, Chandler, Corn Dog, Buster, Simon

Attached File  gra.jpg   21.85KB   22 downloadsAttached File  da.jpg   43.36KB   23 downloadsAttached File  birdie.jpg   29.92KB   24 downloadsAttached File  bailey.jpg   38.52KB   24 downloadsAttached File  bailey.jpg   38.52KB   24 downloads

Attached Files

#2 Clover

Clover

Reptile dysfunction

• Red Lizards
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4823 posts
  • Interests:5.25% and falling.

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:07 AM

Angela,

I think I might be able to make this one. I'm in town, and I'm going to try. (Could I bribe someone for a ride in from Portland? If not, I can make it my long run, eh?) If I can get there, I'll spring for the coffee.

Oh, and if I'm there, I'll take any dog that needs a human.

"Why aren't you signed up for the 401k?"

"I'd never be able to run that far."

--Scott Adams, Dilbert

#3 Steve

Steve

Qatar Flange

• Red Lizards
  • 2950 posts
  • Interests:Orienteering, Running, Geocaching, all the usual backpacking/camping/hiking/climbing stuff

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:59 AM

I'll be there.
Life is short and we have not too much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us.
Oh, be swift to love. Make haste to be kind.
- Henri Frederic Amiel

#4 innocentbystander

innocentbystander

Running is serious business.

• Red Lizards
  • 2982 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

Oh man that dobermann looks awesome. Good looking dog.

#5 timknox

timknox

Komodo Dragon

• Members
  • 2237 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:12 AM

Is there a pre-Iditarod run this week? Markiemo? Albert? I should be able to make it

#6 innocentbystander

innocentbystander

Running is serious business.

• Red Lizards
  • 2982 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (timknox @ Aug 10 2006, 11:12 AM)
Is there a pre-Iditarod run this week?  Markiemo?  Albert?  I should be able to make it

Yes, I probably (90%) will show up at 8am to revisit the Lake Run, it's my old friend.

#7 Torrey

Torrey

Communications Director

• Admin
  • 10790 posts
  • Interests:I always love flyfishing. Occasionally I like running...

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (innocentbystander @ Aug 10 2006, 12:16 PM)
Yes, I probably (90%) will show up at 8am to revisit the Lake Run, it's my old friend.

I am game for early. Maybe more like 7:45, since it seems like we're always pushing it to get back before 9:00, and it's always nice to be there before everyone else shows up. Lake Run or Tryon sound good to me.

#8 timknox

timknox

Komodo Dragon

• Members
  • 2237 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

I'll plan to be at FT at 7:45am.

#9 Doug

Doug

Tyrannosaurus Rex

• Members
  • 7221 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:09 PM

I'm game for getting some early running in but will probably be doing my own thing around the lake around 7:30 so you fast people won't have to worry about me. Any other normal paced people are welcome to join me.

#10 kelbelle

kelbelle

http://blog.oregonlive.com/runoregon

• Red Lizards
  • 4802 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

A new potential Lizard might make it, named Shannon. Keep an eye out and make sure you give her the Lizard Welcome!
Dear runners: come to a group run, say hi to us at a race, or just post on the message board!

Check out our group run, race calendars, and news on local running on the <a href="http://blog.oregonli....com/runoregon" target="_blank">RunOregon Blog</a> by me, Joe Dudman, Jim Mattern, Marianne Jones, Marya Van Metre, Jen Sotolongo, and Jonathan Marcus.

<a href="http://www.facebook.....com/runoregon" target="_blank">Check out RunOregon on facebook.</a>

#11 markiemo

markiemo

Director of Group Runs

• Board Members
  • 3635 posts
  • Interests:Trail running, biking, hanging with reptiles, camping, traveling,
    beach bumming, enjoying the endless string of Saturdays...

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:36 PM

I'll be there early (7:45) for a little pre-canine extra mileage.

#12 steve sanders

steve sanders

Leapin' Lizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:51 AM

Now those pups are some good lookin wool excl.gif

I'll be there at 7:45 for the pre-iditarod festivities.

#13 Steve

Steve

Qatar Flange

• Red Lizards
  • 2950 posts
  • Interests:Orienteering, Running, Geocaching, all the usual backpacking/camping/hiking/climbing stuff

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Clover @ Aug 8 2006, 07:07 AM)
Angela,

I think I might be able to make this one.  I'm in town, and I'm going to try.  (Could I bribe someone for a ride in from Portland?  If not, I can make it my long run, eh?)  If I can get there, I'll spring for the coffee.

Oh, and if I'm there, I'll take any dog that needs a human.

Hey Clover, did you get a ride from someone? If not, I can swing out to pick you up. PM me if you need a ride. (BTW, you are aware that this run is on pavement, right? ohmy.gif )
Life is short and we have not too much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel the way with us.
Oh, be swift to love. Make haste to be kind.
- Henri Frederic Amiel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users